We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best choice diet

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Topic
Best choice diet

I don't have any restriction on my diet, but I'm going on a 29 hour trip final destination Kenya.

I am wondering if I should request a special diet for my meals in order to get the best meals on board. I'm flying with Lufthansa

Kosher, Muslim, Vegetarian, Low Carb

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best choice diet

If you don't have any religious restrictions you can omit kosher and Muslim, the other 2 is up to you but why don't you just eat the normal menu.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best choice diet

I think the op thinks that the special meals are better than than the normal ones.

I know some people support this theory, personally the food does not bother me enough, and I feel the difference is too minimal for it to make a difference, but each to their own really.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best choice diet

well I always eat the reg but I thought trying something different and that's why I posted my question to see what others have done in the past

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best choice diet

Some discussion of special meals on LH here:

flyertalk.com/forum/miles-more-lufthansa-aus…

Another thread here discussing this issue. You may be able to pull more up doing a search:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4355857…

Edited: 31 August 2012, 18:48
Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best choice diet

Just my $0.02 - trying something different such as a veg or low-carb meal on a long flight is not a good idea. If you have never eaten it before, you don't know how your body will react to the change. You could end up sick. It's best to stick with something you know. Also, bring some snacks if you feel you may not get enough to eat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best choice diet

Well, I'm not sure about that really, it's not like it's a different cuisine, it's just meat or carb free.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best choice diet

Thanks Kim

I read the link you attached and made up my mind, I'll stick to the regular meal they serve and might even try the fish.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best choice diet

@Froggy - actually, it is a different cuisine. Veg meals don't necessarily mean only no meat. They could add things like tofu, beans, sea weed, etc that you may not consume otherwise. And, if it's something not normally in your diet, your body can react differently. To me, its like running a race and changing your diet on the morning of the race. Why risk it and end up feeling badly?

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best choice diet

LOL, Beans , tofu oh lord poor for the people sitting next to me

That would be a punishable crime.......

I once went to a health fasting thing and ate nothing but vegetables and the body reacts in a very weird way because is trying to eliminate toxin and the headaches I got was unbelievable

I'm done..... regular meals thanks for letting me see the light

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best choice diet

Fair point kim,,,I never thought of that,

Good reason to avoid the veggie option, if it's seaweed snd tofu:))