We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air china

Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Air china

Would anyone recommend flying Air China ?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air china

Perhaps you could be more specific-- eg domestic Chinese routes or internationally? Long haul or short haul international routes?

Check airlinequality.com for passenger reviews

Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air china

Sydney to Madrid Spain . So yes a long haul . Thank you should have been more specific

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air china

It would appear that they do not have inflight personal screens.

Other than that it seems like any other budget airline.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air china

Not that this is relevant now, but I flew them from Vancouver to Shanghai 19 years ago and liquor was free and every second row was non smoking. We had alot of fun on that flight:)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air china

They're not a budget airline. It's full service, so your luggage, meals and drinks are included. They are no Singapore Airlines or Emirates, but their quality has really improved of recent years.

I think the PTVs depends on the route-- if you are concerned about having your own entertainment, perhaps call your local Air China office.

I think if the price difference is big enough, they are a good choice. How long would the stopover in Beijing be? Remember, you would need a transit visa for China if you planned to leave the airport, unlike many other Asian hubs like Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
647 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air china

I believe both the Madrid and Sydney routes are operated by an A330-200, which has personal TVs in Economy. Seats are pretty comfortable, meals are decent and so are the crew.

Though they price lower than competitors, they are certainly NOT a budget airline along the likes of AirAsia X or Jetstar.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 07:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air china

Hello, I just returned form London and I flew Air China, I went from Sydney, then to Beijing and then onto London after a 7 hour stop over.

I would never ever ever fly Air China again, I have only flown the this once and I am pleased to say this would be the last, I found the Cabin Crew rude, the aircraft (Airbus A330) was very old and the in flight entertainment system was either broken for me or the entire aircraft.

Fair enough, only paid $1790 for my return airfare, but I still expect more than what I actually received, I was so close to actually booking another airline to fly me home, but as I was on holidays, clearly this is something that I hadn't budgeted for, so I was hoping the return flight was better, if anything it was worse then the flight to London.

There is no option to ask the Cabin Crew for a Soft Drink I was told these were served at dinner time only and they offered me a small glass of warm water.

Please sent fly Air China, I am on the process now of writing to their Australian Country Manager to request a partial refund as I was appalled by the service and quality of the Airine and the product.

I hope this helps.

Rob

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air china

Hello, I just returned form London and I flew Air China, I went from Sydney, then to Beijing and then onto London after a 7 hour stop over.

I would never ever ever fly Air China again, I have only flown the this once and I am pleased to say this would be the last, I found the Cabin Crew rude, the aircraft (Airbus A330) was very old and the in flight entertainment system was either broken for me or the entire aircraft.

Fair enough, only paid $1790 for my return airfare, but I still expect more than what I actually received, I was so close to actually booking another airline to fly me home, but as I was on holidays, clearly this is something that I hadn't budgeted for, so I was hoping the return flight was better, if anything it was worse then the flight to London.

There is no option to ask the Cabin Crew for a Soft Drink I was told these were served at dinner time only and they offered me a small glass of warm water.

Please sent fly Air China, I am on the process now of writing to their Australian Country Manager to request a partial refund as I was appalled by the service and quality of the Airine and the product.

I hope this helps.

Rob

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air china

They're not the best airline but we flew Milan to Beijing with them and they were fine the only thing is that they didn't have entertainment screens on the back of the seats, only the cabin drop down screens which are pretty useless.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air china

Robert, you are going to ask for a partial refund because you didn't get a soft drink? Please come back and let us know how that goes.