We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

Manchester...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

Does anybody know if its possible to buy duty free cigarettes on board emirates. Im flying out of Sydney to Ireland but with new laws in Australia I am not sure if its possible to still purchase cigarettes in Sydney Airport either. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thank you :)

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

You can still buy duty free cigarettes on board Emirates, but choice is limited to a couple of brands.

Why not wait and buy your cigarettes at Dubai Duty Free?

Manchester...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

As I am flying back to the eu is it possible to purchase in dubai?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

Yes, of course it is possible to buy duty free in Dubai.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,573 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

I've not been through Dubai for a while, but what I recall a packet of cigs was about £1....but you can only bring in a non Eu allowance, which is usualy 1 carton.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

A carton standard cigarettes (Marlboro, B&H, Dunhill, Silk Cut etc.) costs AED 70 ~ USD 20.44.

dubaidutyfree.com/content/…20Listings.pdf

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

Loads of choice at Dubai airport and cheap! Thought it was 2 cartons or 2 boxes of tobacco, I don't smoke but bring back for friends that's what I bring through, but check for yourself and you can find a price list of duty Free prices for airport if you google it.

Deb

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,573 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

hmrc.gov.uk/customs/…arrivingnoneu.htm

for UK just a carton, you can also buy Ventolin sans prescription:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

I'd be surprised if you couldn't still buy cigarettes at Sydney airport - the reduction to 50 cigarettes only applies to entering Australia, I'm sure. They'd be hard pressed to stop people buying them to take out of the country ;-) and the reduction from 250 to 50 duty free just means the government will collect more duty from people who aren't aware of the new limit.

I don't think they'd be much cheaper at Sydney airport than they'd be at any commercial shop here, so the advice to buy in Dubai (where it sounds like they almost give them away lol) is sound.

This thread reminds me I should ring my husband - he's in America at present, coming home on Friday and will probably bring cigs (for his own use - I don't smoke) but I'm sure he's not aware of the reduced allowance - so, many thanks to the OP for this thread :-)

Edited: 04 September 2012, 20:29
Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

Wait till Dubai plenty of brands and the price is good.

10. Re: Emirates Onboard Duty Free Cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2012, 14:30