We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Carry On Language policy change

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Carry On Language policy change

I am wondering if I can get some advice. When we travelled with Air Asia last year we were only allowed one item of carry on luggage and it was not to exceed 7kgs. This was the policy at that time but on rechecking their policy it has changed and now states the following

"8.6 Unchecked Baggage : Passengers (except infants) are allowed two (2) items of baggage to be carried on board. The items of baggage may be a combination of any two of the following: cabin bag or a laptop bag or a handbag. The cabin bag shall not exceed the dimensions of 56cm X 36cm X 23cm and must not weigh more than 7kg."

The way I read this is that we are now allowed 2 items and the weight restriction is 7kgs for the cabin bag only. That is if the cabin bag is 7kgs then it won't matter if the handbag or the laptop is an extra 1 or 2 kgs.

Would this be correct or would I be restricted to 7 kgs in total for a cabin bag and a laptop?

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Carry On Language policy change

Sorry, I meant baggage in the title.

I ended up calling Air Asia and was surprised that they were so prompt and helpful in answering my call.

They advised that a laptop bag and camera bag are excluded from the baggage limit of 7kgs (as long as those bags actually carry a camera or laptop.

2. Re: Air Asia Carry On Language policy change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 10:16