We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants at DFW

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants at DFW

I am flying to NYC in 2 weeks and have 3-4 hour layovers each way at DFW. I am coming in from GDL on American and have a connection to NYC, also on American; my return is the reverse.

Lunch will be my primary meal for the day. Which terminal has the best and most restaurant offerings? By best I mean ones with good food.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants at DFW

Good food is rather subjective, there are very few airport restaurants I'd consider good but every Chili's to GO seems to be slammed whenever I walk past one!

Have you checked DFW airport's site?

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants at DFW

I think DFW is a pretty dull airport. In the DL terminal, where I fly into/out of for work, there is a Friday's and some BBQ place. Don't count on too much.

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants at DFW

Thanks to both of you. I did check out the airport website and there are numerous restaurants in Terminal D, which is apparently where the international flights go. I agree that "good" food is a very subjective term; I eat things my parents wouldn't have touched. My experience with airport food is that it tends to be overpriced and not all that good, although I had two excellent meals at the Beijing airport, one in international transit and one in international departures, and one very good meal at the SFO airport.

If I thought I could get it through Customs, I'd bring food from home on the way up there. That way I know I would have something good that I like and the price would definitely be right! The return flight is less of a problem since I can bring something from one of the NYC restaurants.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 14:56
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants at DFW

Cousin's BBQ in Terminal D.

>> The return flight is less of a problem since I can bring something from one of the NYC restaurants. <<

Provided you can get it through security. Are you flying from JFK or LGA? Frankly the food options at DFW (especially Terminal D) are better than either Kennedy or La Guardia.

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants at DFW

Well I usually head to Cantina Laredo in D Upper level. Foods taste good, without much institutional flavor to it. But dont know if you want more Mexican coming from where you are.

Menu

dfwairport.com/apps/…20menu.pdf

Edited: 05 September 2012, 16:35
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,448 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants at DFW

Airport food at DFW isn't excessively priced in my opinion. They are mostly operated by big chains. Quality is ok but not great vs the in-town proper locations.

Just walk around and you will find something for sure.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants at DFW

#3: one guy decided to bring his own prepared food, and got nothing but grief for his effort. huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/03/cocaine-stuffe…

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants at DFW

Terminal D.

Mike in Tulsa

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants at DFW

I too go to Cantina Loredo when I have a layover in DFW. Probably don't need the salt before a flight- but it doesn't stop me!

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants at DFW

Sutter, I had to laugh when I read the article you referenced. This is definitely not what I had in mind for bringing food from home.

It looks like it will be Terminal D coming and going. There is one restaurant on the airport website that looked pretty good and wasn't too expensive. I don't travel enough to remember all of the extra security required these days.