We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad Airways

Mumbai, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Etihad Airways

How is the Business Class on Etihad? I am booking tickets for my boss and don’t want to listen to his complaints.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etihad Airways

No personal experience but have a look at airlinequality.com

I think overall, in any class, Etihad is a solid carrier.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etihad Airways

Should be fine, whether the best available on the route depends which route (?) If it is a simple Mumbai to Abu Dhabi that should be fine, but if he was in transit somewhere else there may be others to suggest.

If he has any complaints he should direct these at the airline, not You :)

If there are options then show him the options and ask him which airline 'he' wants you to book him on, that keeps you in the clear :)

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etihad Airways

I haven't flown them myself but a friend has used them a couple of times between Sydney and London and rates them highly - better than Qantas! One good thing about them is that they provide a chauffeur driven car within 100 miles (I think) when you book business class.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etihad Airways

If your boss complains about Etihad Business Class it will not be your fault and maybe you should change your employer. Etihad has a very good Business Class

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Etihad Airways

Etihad are one of the best airlines around so I'm sure Business Class is a great experience.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Etihad Airways

This might help.

worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2012/jclass.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Etihad Airways

>> is that they provide a chauffeur driven car within 100 miles (I think) when you book business class.<<

They do provide chauffeur transfers, but the distance limit differs depending upon where you are at the time. For business class, it's 100 miles for Heathrow or Manchester, but only 50kms to/from Sydney (a bit more for Melbourne or Brisbane - why I have no idea though) for example. So, it's best to check their website for the relevant distance restrictions :-)

I hope they're good - my sister and I are flying to the UK next week with them, but, wait for it .... in First!! Never been right up the pointy end before and can't wait to be actually able to lie down and sleep on a plane :-)

Edited: 05 September 2012, 20:32
surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Etihad Airways

Marmalade - are you actually on an Etihad plane out of Sydney? My friend was on a Virgin Australia plane up to Abu Dhabi then Etihad from there. She was just in Business but was in row 1 on the Virgin plane. She rated both flights highly. Don't forget the unlimited champagne!

Do report back and let us know what you think. Don't forget to rush to the lounge on the stop - you can grab a shower there. And get to Sydney airport early to enjoy the lounge.

Enjoy the flight. Hope you've joined their frequent Flyer scheme or one of their partners - Virgin Australia possibly to collect your miles.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Etihad Airways

No worries with Etihad, certainly the best business class we have ever flown in.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Etihad Airways

mw104 - yes, most definitely on Etihad metal from Sydney all the way to Manchester (changing planes of course in Abu Dhabi). We will have one leg in business class as Etihad don't have a first class cabin from Abu Dhabi to Manchester, so we have to "suffer" (lol) business class on that leg ..... If we'd been desperate to have first class all the way to the UK, we'd have to have gone via Heathrow, but that would have then meant either a domestic flight to Manchester, or spending a night in London before collecting a hire car to get to the Lakes. This way, Etihad are providing a chauffeur transfer from Manchester to Grasmere, included in the price of our tickets and we'll get to the Lakes sooner, which can only be a good thing, right? :-) We'll pick up the hire car in Kendal on the Monday, by which time we'll be rested and ready to play tourist :-)