We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas Airbus A330 SYD / BKK

South Pacific
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas Airbus A330 SYD / BKK

Has anyone flown Qantas on Airbus A330 SYD - BKK or BKK - SYD in cattle class recently? If so , how was the ordeal ?

After saying " never again ", I have avoided QF for the past 10 years prefering their competitors but need to fly with them soon in Y class.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas Airbus A330 SYD / BKK

No A380 available? That should be better - hopefully.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas Airbus A330 SYD / BKK

No it is an A-330 between Sydney and Bangkok not A-380, the route has been reduced since they pulled off the 747-400's.

Could you not get a deal on Emirates or Thai, both would surely be nicer.

But for price deals 'from' Bangkok to Australia we always find Singapore Airlines and Malaysia have good deals, but of course those are not non-stop. Never used Qantas since about 15 years. Perhaps ask on The Bangkok forum as many travel between SYD and Bangkok

Edited: 05 September 2012, 17:58
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas Airbus A330 SYD / BKK

Like you, I flew QF after a long absence, vowing never to fly them again. Someone else was paying, and the best route was with QF. They're certainly not terrible, so don't stress too much, but it all depends on the crew of the day. I would choose Emirates every time, but if you have to fly QF, reassure yourself with the fact that it's not a super long flight :)

You'll have PTVs, at least.

Service is still inconsistent. You could get a nice crew, or a condescending one.

The biggest problem for me on QF is catering. I order Indian vegetarian but it is always such poor quality compared to other airlines like MH, EK. Like a poor quality packet meal. Yuck.

Fill yourself up on good Thai food before the flight! :)

South Pacific
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas Airbus A330 SYD / BKK

Thanks bimdonesia and Monica4 for your replies. bimdonesia - thanks for your "comforting: words but your description / summary says it all - crews on the day , condescending crew etc.

I normaly fly SQ MH or TG or heaven forbid Air Asia with leg- room and real service but alas this time , I need to redeem my QF FF points before they are totally useless. After paying taxes equivalent to a full price ticket on other carriers ( for the priveledge of getting my "free" flights), I refuse to give QF an extra $80 per seat per sector for exit row seats where I may be called upon to assist in the evacuation of the aircraft - when the other Asian carriers are only too happy to grant your request for free.

Does anyone know just how claustrophobic QF is ? - that is recently flown them on a A330 vs the 747 on that sector ?

Monica 4- as you suggest , I will check out the BKK forum.

5. Re: Qantas Airbus A330 SYD / BKK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:17