We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to Australia ratings

V T
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto to Australia ratings

1. What is the most comfortable airline and route flying from Toronto to Sydney.

2. Is stopping in Vancouver the best idea?

3. How do the airline compare, eg Qantas vs Air Canada?

4. Is the price difference eg on Qantas, for premium economy vs economy worth it? Are there comparable classes. On Air Canada?

Appreciate any input! Thanks?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,490 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

1. What is the most comfortable airline and route flying from Toronto to Sydney.

You might want to look at the reviews here

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_can.htm

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/qantas.htm

4. Is the price difference eg on Qantas, for premium economy vs economy worth it? Are there comparable classes. On Air Canada?

Whether it is worth it is a personal choice - some will say yes, others no - it depends on what value you place on the additional benefits and the price difference. Air Canada offer "Comfort Plus" but I don't think it's available on routes to Aus.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

Look for reviews on the airlinequality website (google it)

Only you, after the event, can say if you think the extra money is worth it for PE vs E, depends on your financial circumstances, you attitude to money, and your bodily dimensions ! If everyone thought it was worth it there would be no other type of seats, and if no one thought it was worth it, no such thing, but since there is, you can take it that some people think its worth it in some circumstances, and others don't.

As for "is stopping in Vancouver the best idea?" I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean for another holiday? Or do you mean, might you be better to fly with someone else that doesn't transfer planes there? Well, that would depend where else they transfer instead , what the cost is, etc etc.

Air Canada don't have a PE class, its E or business. You could also check out United Airlines, they have an E+, which is intermediate between E and PE. And doesn't cost much more than E, but again, whether its worth it is a subjective thing, I would say so on such a long flight but obviously not everyone would, because they don't fly empty apart from E+ !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

"Comfort Plus" is only offered on a small number of Air Canada planes that aren't equipped with true business class seating. The flights to Australia are definitely _not_ in that category.

On their 777s, Air Canada's economy class has 32" pitch -- that's an inch more than Qantas economy, but seven inches less than Qantas premium economy.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

why would u bother taking an AA flight to either dallas or lax to pick up a qantas flight to australia (the former stopping in brisbane on the way) when u can fly thru vancouver on the same plane with AC.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

Check search engines like skyscanner.net for cheapest fares.

If it were me, I would go with the most direct option :)

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

I've flown with Air Canada from Sydney/Vancouver/Toronto/Halifax and it was not a pleasant trip. I've flown budget airlines such as AirAsia and Jetstar and they have proved more comfortable.

Qantas is a good airline, not the best but you can expect a comfortable journey.

South Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

Perhaps check out Air New Zealand as well.. A slightly longer trip, but a good airline, and a good PE product by many accounts ( although do your research, as the PE config varies depending on the route and plane ).

On certain days of the week they fly direct from Vancouver to Auckland ( ie not via US ), & then on to Sydney.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_nz.htm

I flew from Adelaide to Vancouver with them last year, I thought they were great.

South Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

sorry, meant to add re: my previous post - your ticket would be Air NZ all the way, but Toronto to Vancouver would be on a code-share Air Canada flight.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

That airinequality link is awesome! Thanks!!

10. Re: Toronto to Australia ratings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 10:17