We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

I need help choosing the best airline to travel to Dallas from London. I will be travelling Economy class!

Thnx

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

What's your definition of best? Direct flights, cheapest, biggest seats, best ground service? What class of travel?

Assuming direct, it boils down to BA and AA I think.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,809 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

Direct flights could be a variety of code shares with BA/AA but generally these cost more than indirect flights.

BA are generally considered better than AA so if booking a "BA" flight make sure it is being operated by BA and not a code share being operated by AA.

Indirect flghts will be available with other carriers such as United, Delta, US Airways and I would expect to pay less for an indirect flight - these carriers are not on a par with BA.

Economy service is generally the same across the majority of carriers although you will find differences in in-flight entertainment, some airlines such as United allow you to select a seat for free at any point whilst others such as BA allow free selection at online check in but there's a charge to select prior to this.

All depends on what you mean by "best".

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
656 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

British Airways.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,564 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

BA have a sale on right now.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

Hi

I travelled to Dallas last year on BA. Good flight, with no problem's, so I would recomend them. I have used them many times over the last 12 years for my holidays and they have been the best overal of the carriers I have used with the exception of Air New Zealand, but of course they don't fly to DFW. If you use BA you will also have the benefit of T5 to fly from.

Clive

Edited: 11 September 2012, 21:21
1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

If you are flying in Economy, pick based on flight times, price, etc. Don't worry too much about airline.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

I recently flew this route AA (booked BA codeshare)one direction, BA back. Saw no real difference in equipment or service. Both flights were just fine in economy.

London
Level Contributor
408 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

It has to be BA.

AA use their 767 on one of the flights and that MUST be avoided!

BA flies from T5 too which is so much nice than T3.

Be careful of the code sharing too so make sure you look at the airline and plane when you book.

Another reason to fly BA is a chance to pay for an upgrade to WTP at the airport. Sometimes it is reasonably priced.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

I've seen similar remarks about AA's 767s, but we recently took one from GRU to DFW, returning on a 777, in business class, and saw no appreciably difference othere than the fact that the 777 had a first class cabin, and in economy had more seats. I always take with a grain of salt such blanket statements such as that about the AA 767s, but one might want to check message boards on the AA and BA branches of Flyertalk.com at www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles-points-1/

Edited: 12 September 2012, 13:15
Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best airline to travel from UK to USA!

The AA 767 has drop down screens, so no on-demand entertainment, no seat-back screens. IMO very out-of-date. So for me it is BA everytime.