We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-Tickets

Farnborough
Level Contributor
20 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
e-Tickets

I'm travelling from Manchester to Kathmandu next month via Dubai and Delhi.

MAN-DXB-DEL sectors are with Emirates and I have an Emirates e-ticket. DEL-KTM is with Jet Airways but I only have an email from a travel agent which gives the booking reference (eg AB5J3W) and an e ticket number. Is this sufficient for flight check in?

Thanks anyone.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: e-Tickets

You only need the six character code to check in. If that is your real code, you may want to change it so no evildooers try to hack your reservation.

The e-ticket number (12 digits) shows that it has been properly ticketed, paid for, etc. As long as you have received it you are good to go. Rarely does anyone ever need to know it - they find you by the six digit locator and your name.

2. Re: e-Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 10:17