We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations for flights from Rome to Sicily?

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
recommendations for flights from Rome to Sicily?

I have heard conflicting reports about Ryan Air and other airlines--flights are cheap but they make up for it with baggage fees. We will have a large bag (not oversize) and a couple of smaller ones.Just need a one-way flight from Rome to Sicily. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations for flights from Rome to Sicily?

Blue Panorama offers cheap flights but you would have to check their baggage rules, maybe Alitalia would be the best option I think they offer flights for about 50Euros from Rome to Catania and you wouldn't have baggage fees.

Ferrara, Italy
Level Contributor
334 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations for flights from Rome to Sicily?

It depends also WHERE in Sicily you want to fly.

From Rome, Ryanair only goes to Trapani, usually from Ciampino Airport, and the schedule may vary seasonally. To check a suitcase costs from €15 to €40 depending on time of year and weight (up to 20kg), plus other possible assorted fees. Each person can only carry only ONE item (very strictly enforced) into the cabin.

Alitalia flies from Fiumicino Airport to Palermo and Catania with several flights every day. Their one-way fares are not bad, as little as €49 which includes a checked bag up to 23kg. Carryon allowance is one piece plus a personal item.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 14:40
Nova Scotia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendations for flights from Rome to Sicily?

I'm going to Rome on September 21st and need to fly from there to Catania same day.

I've been having difficulty finding decent rates for flights Rome to Catania...does anyone know if I

may have a better chance of a lower rate if I wait and book it when I arrive in Rome?

4. Re: recommendations for flights from Rome to Sicily?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 07:19