We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATL Question

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
ATL Question

I have an upcoming flight that arrives at gate B-29 and leaves to Aruba fromE-10. We have an overnight layover and are staying at the Gateway Marriott which is connected to the airport by the ATL Sky Train. My question is do I need to use any other transportation the next morning to get to E-10? I've heard that you have to take a shuttle bus for international departure. Thanks

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
874 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATL Question

There is a underground train and walkway connecting to terminal E to the rest of the airport.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATL Question

Thanks...In December I have a flight that arrives at Gate A and leaves to Munich,Germany, from gate F...What will I need to do then. Coming home it will be the reverse.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
874 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATL Question

Here is a map of the airport, all the concourses are connected by underground tram(train) or walkway.

ifly.com/hartsfield-jackson-atlanta-internat…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,533 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATL Question

Or the official airport link here:

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/

or Delta link (no offense to ifly)

https:/…atlanta.jsp

I've stayed at the Gateway Marriott and it's a quick trip in. The SkyTrain drops off at the Convention Center which is adjacent to the Marriott.

atlanta-airport.com/Airport/…SkyTrain.aspx

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATL Question

Awesome! Thanks!

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ATL Question

You need to check with your airline to be sure, but most international flights check in in the new terminal, so you would have to take the shuttle bus from the train station to Terminal F after your overnight layover.

On the other flights when you are transiting, keep in mind the walkway from Terminal F doesn't connect directly with the walkway between Terminals A-E. If you decide to hoof it to stretch the legs out, (like I do), the tunnel from Terminal F comes up into the backside of Terminal E, you go through to the food court area, then back down to the tunnel connecting A-E.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATL Question

That's what I was wondering. My next two flights are overnight layovers and then leave from terminal E so that shouldn't be a problem. (Aruba and Cancun). My third flight has a two hour layover and leaves from terminal F ( Munich). Like you, I like to stretch the legs out between flights. How long does it take to walk to terminal F? Also, are there long lines for security at F? Thanks!

8. Re: ATL Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:19