We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

Dear All,

Me and my 4 years old boy live in London. My family live in Istanbul, we had a plan to go religions festival in Istanbul. I bought last month tickets (22.10.2012 and return date 04.11.2012) But when i just check in on the internet yesterday night, i saw that I have booked it the wrong way around.

A stupid mistake I know. I think the reason was the last flight I booked was for my daughter (she is in university istanbul) return way Istanbul to London, so the "From" and "To" boxes defaulted to Istanbul - London instead of London - Istanbul.

Is there anything that can be done?...

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

Hi

None refundable, non changeable, low price reservations but want flexible terms and conditions with those tickets.

You pays your money and you makes your choice. Want service over and above what you have paid for, tough.

Jackie

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,796 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

Easyjet like other airlines are a business. They are not a charity. When people want reasonable fares and buy rigid tickets--they have to accept that there may be consequences of their choices i.e. the inability to change airport. To expect an airline to switch things around because you changed your mind will ruin their business model and ultimately raise the price of tickets for everyone. Why should the people who think before buying and correctly type their name, destination, airport etc. have to subsidize those who don't.

Sorry--just my feelings!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

Just to point out that StephenCandell has also started his own thread about this. :0)

Redondo Beach...
6 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

I think you have a lot to learn about the direct correlation between customer satisfaction and success in business. The cost in changing my flight 3 months in advance is very minimal compared to the overall dissatisfaction i will spread to other potential customers. Policies are important, but reasonable flexibility is also important. When a customer calls your company and can clearly present a reasonable argument AND effectively communicate their desire to reach any type of compromise...i think the company should strive to preserve future business potential. The customer's likeliness to outwardly complain and dissuade future business is commensurate to their tenacity to deal with customer service for an hour...

25. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 10:35
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,426 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

Oh dear, you really don't get it, do you?

You purchased cheap flights. Like any other flight ticket - even the most expensive - these come with Terms and Conditions which you agree to by the act of making the purchase. Most people are prepared to accept the lack of flexibility that comes with the cheapest tickets, because those fares are very attractive. For many people it is the only way they can afford to make the trip.

If 'reasonable flexibility' (which, in this instance, I will take to mean 'gimme what I want') is important to you, pay for it.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 09:44
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,782 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

>>>and dissuade future business<<<

Even the marketing insight isn't accurate.

It's 'disposable' marketing, upheld by cheap fares. The number of target losses are more than easily regained through competitive low fares.

Consumers are rarely dissuaded by mistakes of another consumers own doing.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 10:02
derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

I've already posted on your thread about how EJ should show you 'compassion". I can quite understand you feeling angry with yourself, but why should you feel angry with easy jet, they've done nothing wrong IMO. I think an awful lot of people, when realising they've made mistakes, don't admit they are in the wrong and have totally the wrong attitude when contacting staff. The word is grovel! Go in all guns blazing and you don't stand a chance.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

<<

I think you have a lot to learn about the direct correlation between customer satisfaction and success in business. >>

I think you have a lot to learn about how Easyjet operate.

You would have saved yourself a load of money if you had done that BEFORE booking the flights from the wrong airport (your mistake as you admitted).

<<

The cost in changing my flight 3 months in advance is very minimal compared to the overall dissatisfaction i will spread to other potential customers. Policies are important, but reasonable flexibility is also important. When a customer calls your company and can clearly present a reasonable argument AND effectively communicate their desire to reach any type of compromise...i think the company should strive to preserve future business potential. The customer's likeliness to outwardly complain and dissuade future business is commensurate to their tenacity to deal with customer service for an hour>>

I'm not sure who is going to listen to you about the 'overall dissatisfaction you are going to spread'.

I can't see many people on here agreeing with you.

And if you told me the same story in a pub, I'd say exactly the same.

You may (and obviously do) consider 'reasonable flexibility' to be important.

Easyjet don't see it that way.

30. Re: Easyjet Booking-I've booked my flights the wrong way around!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 10:35