We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Cathay LHR-HKG in PE

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Cathay LHR-HKG in PE

I'm due to fly the above route in a few weeks time, not flown with Cathay before - anybody got feed back on their PE product, from the research I've done I understand PE on this route is a fairly recent addition.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,281 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Cathay LHR-HKG in PE

Have you flown BA PE? It's similar overall with some pluses and minuses. The good thing is the cabin is very new so everything should be working well.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Cathay LHR-HKG in PE

No never flown BA I can never seem to pick up an offer with them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Cathay LHR-HKG in PE

BA has new product in PE only on the 777-300s, which fly some services on this route, but yes if I was chosing it would be preference on this route (business class food, new seats are good).

I have NOT tried Cathay's new product, but reviews I have read are that seats are apparently ok for premium economy, but food/beverage service is economy class like.

Virgin also has premium economy on this route and has reasonable seats, but food/beverage service is better than economy, but not as good as BA.

Air NZ is the other carrier with direct London-Hong Kong service and has premium economy, with more legroom than the others, but seats with same width as economy (though double the recline of economy). Air NZ has business class food and drinks service. Probably count as the leas

In summary, BA appears to be the best overall. Cathay's seats are competitive with Virgin, and better than NZ's (1.5 inches wider but 4 inches less legroom). NZ has the best food/beverage service, followed by BA and then Virgin, Cathay has the lowest standard.

Hope that is helpful, essentially Cathay is a reasonably good seat with economy class service.

uk
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Cathay LHR-HKG in PE

There is a very positive review in this months Business Traveller magazine.

I'm sure a quick google will find it.

5. Re: Flying Cathay LHR-HKG in PE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:19