We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Air carry on policy

Qatar Air carry on policy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 19:46
Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

If the airline states one 7 kg item of cabin baggage, then surely you would have go by their rules and not try and take two bags on board.

I can't quite understand the point of your post.

2. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,686 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

Qatar's T&Cs say "You are allowed to carry one piece of cabin baggage without charge (depending on the class you travel), as well as any duty-free items you have purchased on the day of your flight. You may carry personal items such as a purse, briefcase, cane, camera, etc.

A Laptop bag is counted as one piece of hand luggage and cannot be carried in addition to your hand baggage allowance."

We travel Qatar and my wife has a carry on case meeting Qatar's allowable dimensions plus a large handbag. I take on a wheeled laptop back pack. So a briefcase plus conforming carry on would be fine.

See …qatarairways.com/entries/232593-what-is-my-…

Nanoose Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

I just returned from a trip to Tanzania on Qatar. I only travel with a carry on and found that the only time anyone took any interest was when I boarded in Montreal. The agent just looked at the bag and gave it a cursory glance and hefted it by hand. I think when I weighed it myself it was about 17 lbs.

My wife and I had the same bags, also loaded all our camera gear into two vests which we wore, and also carried a small laptop type briefcase.

No-one questioned anything and we had no issues.

Edited: 15 October 2012, 20:13
5. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,308 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

Eric--do us all a favor--when you find an agent that DOES enforce the rule please do not come back and rant how terrible the airline is, how rude their customer service/gate personnel are and that no one should fly them again!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

On a flight from IAD to DOH, Qatar agent was walking around in the departure lounge area, checking everybody's hand luggage. she was not physically checking, but making sure if everything is in compliance.

8. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

eric2005,

It's stated in the link given in post no. 3 above. If you're worried, save it onto your mobile phone or print it out & perhaps show that to the staff if you're asked about the briefcase.

Edited: 16 October 2012, 08:21
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,686 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar Air carry on policy

eric2005,

Where does it say " brief case or equivalent?" Who or where are you receiving information or interpretation that is different than Qatar's T&Cs I linked to in #3?

I have a wheeled laptop backpack into which I put my laptop in its neoprene cover, being quite prepared to take it out so that the backpack can be weighed without it. The only place that I have been required to do so is on leaving the UK but that is when going through security not for excess luggage checks. It has never been questioned at check in, either in UK or Doha or on leaving Thailand.