We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Tampa to Madrid

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Tampa to Madrid

I'm taking my first trip to Europe in March, and about a month ago flights were priced at $ 817 from to TPA to MAD. Now they're $ 910. I think I should have booked when I first looked. My question for all of you who travel from the States to Europe frequently is: do you think I should book now or wait and see if prices go back down? I know they could also rise, but I'm not sure what a normal price would be. I know it's a crap shoot, but I'd like your advice on what you'd do. Thanks in advance for your help.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,276 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Tampa to Madrid

Although not a user of this route I do frequently fly transatlantic (UK to US) and $910 (around £600) is what I would call a fair price for an economy return.

There might have been cheaper fares (but not by much) to be had earlier and as you say the fare could, and probably will, increase further as you get nearer the departure date.

If it was me I'd buy - you could wait and you might save $50 or so but equally you could end up spending another $200.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Tampa to Madrid

but I'm not sure what a normal price would be. I know it's a crap shoot

There's no such thing as a normal price. Airlines have dozens and dozens of fares. If you like it then buy it.

Historical fare patterns are largely useless too. Just because Joe Blow paid $720 between Moline and Klagenfurt for flights on Feb 29, 2012 doesn't mean that will translate into any kind of fare pattern for you.

3. Re: Flights from Tampa to Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 10:15