We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Airlines

texas
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest Airlines

Have a questions about the Wanna get away flights and before I call airlines will ask here. We are planning a getaway in New Orleans and our dates came out this morning. Unfortunately they wanted to do a weekend trip and depart on Sunday. Flights are higher than weekdays, and there are many Sunday flights that say wanna get away " not available" People think they will come out later, and I think they are unavailable period because they know people are going to be using them and not offer them at a cheaper rate. Anyone know for sure?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Airlines

Only Southwest knows when they might raise or lower prices or release seats in particular buckets, and they are not going to tell you that. Revenue management is extremely complex and there is no way anyone outside of the airline can predict.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Airlines

While there are no guarantees and nobody "knows for sure," you should probably assume SW has sold all the tickets they want in that fare class and won't be offering more in the future.

texas
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Airlines

Thanks. They now decided they are just going to meet in Texas like last time where it was cheaper to fly. Too bad, because I love New Orleans.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,821 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest Airlines

WAnna get away is Southwest's lowest fare bucket. They are not going to offer it if they feel they can fill the plane with more expensive seats. If the date just came out today, then no one, including Southwest personnel know if they will ever offer it. It would all depend upon how many actually make reservations for the flight--one of the few things the airline has no control over.

texas
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest Airlines

Thanks. That is what I think and they all thought they would get lower as time got closer. I did not want to book hotels and then have them decided when flight did not go down to not go. Back to Texas for them.

6. Re: Southwest Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:16