We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Singapore

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Transit in Singapore

Hi,

I and my wife are travelling to India via Singaporeon 23rd December.

I am flying from Sydney in budget airlines "Scoot" arriving at singapore at 19:00 on 23/12 , and then we are taking Air India flight from Singapore at 9:00 AM on 24rth.

Do I need to get visas to collect my checked in baggage? and then check in again at Air India counter the next day?

Also, We wanted to inqure about accomodation posibilities at or around airport (with free airport transfers).

How easy is it to get 72 hours transit visa? We are both Australian residents with Indian passports.

Thanks

Chintan

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in Singapore

Click on this website ... for Singapore Airport.

http://www.changiairport.com/

Have a look under Transit for any queries you have .. they even have a transit hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in Singapore

I think the transit hotel is before immigration? So you would need to get a hotel outside the airport.

If you have that amount of time, perhaps consider a hotel downtown. Plenty of different areas and price ranges. Singapore has amazing food and it makes a nice stopover destination.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit in Singapore

1) Indian passport holders may be granted 96-hrs visa free transit (VFTF) in Singapore if :

i) you have valid onward air ticket departing within the next 96-hrs;

ii) you have a valid visa/ long term pass issued by any of the following countries : Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK or the USA;

2) The 96-hrs VFTF is not 100% guaranteed. It is subject to approval by the immigration officier attending to you at the time of arrival.

3) Scoot is a point-to-point carrier, which means all passengers have to collect their bags and clear immigration and customs upon arrival.

4) Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is the airport hotel located at Terminal 3.

5) Scoot operates to/from Terminal 2.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit in Singapore

Thanks for your responses.

5. Re: Transit in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2013, 10:18