We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenland.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Greenland.

Can you fly from the UK to Greenland direct??

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenland.

I can remember sitting in the departure lounge in Edinburgh - fairly recently - and seeing flights to Kangerlussuaq (SFJ) in Greenland - may have been Titan Air but can't find anything about that now.

i know it's not direct but there are flights from Reykjavik by Air Greenland you could fly there and it is on the way.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenland.

Think you might be referring to the following which is an oil & gas charter

airliners.net/aviation-forums/…

But Kangerlussuaq? Thought most international flights went to Narsarsuaq

But AFAIK Air Greenland only flies to Copenhagen from either airport and the Reykjavik flight is Air Iceland

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenland.

Year round Air Greenland only flies to Copenhagen from Kangerlussuaq.

They have a summer route from Nuuk to Reykjavik.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenland.

Air Iceland fly from RKV (Reykjavik domestic airport) to Kulusuk, Nuuk, Narsarsuaq, Ilulissat, and Mittarfik Nerlerit Inaat (Constable Point).

The airline used to fly Fokker-50s from RKV to Tasiilaq, with fantastic views from the window seats. On arrival one ould walk from International Arrivals to the stretch of sand the Bell helicopters used for the quick trip to KUS.

The terminal building (a Quonset hut) at Constable Point airport used to offer free coffee and ginger biscuits to transit pax. Just added to the charm of the entire experience.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenland.

I am always amazed at what travellerplus knows.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenland.

Visiting Greenland was the treat for my last 'milestone' birthday. It was worth every minute of planning and every penny spent.

Middlesex, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greenland.

I am considering Greenland for a family trip the first week of April. I have two teenage boys. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks. We are not rugged outdoors people but would like to try snow sports.

Edited: 15 December 2012, 22:29
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,843 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greenland.

This is the air travel forum. You could post questions *about* Greenland in the Greenland forum - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g295111-i9932-Gree…

9. Re: Greenland.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:16