We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Egypt Air

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
211 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Egypt Air

Hi All. I wonder if any one has flown on Egypt Air lately and can give me an update as to the condition of their aircraft and the experience that you had? I am busy planning a trip to Egypt next year and note that the only airline that flies from Johannesburg to Cairo is Egypt Air. I have noticed some reviews on Tripadvisor and other websites and it seems that generally people have not had a good experience. I am not the best flyer and so hearing stories about how old and uncomfortable the planes are is enough to put me off going to Egypt. Also, we will need to do a few domestic flights once in Egypt and again, the reviews are terrible for Egypt Air. I can't seem to find any other airline that does domestic flights. Is Egypt Air as bad as everyone says it is or shouldn't I let it bother me? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Question about Egypt Air

The prayer is very common place, it's even said when setting off on a car or wakjing journey, the prayer is nothing to worry about and is as common as,saying have a safe trip.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Question about Egypt Air

Hi, I flew from Bangkok to Cairo and then from Cairo to Toronto this July. Egyptair didn't impress me as far as service was concerned, but both planes were clean and security was appropriate. My main objection was the tolerance for impropriety on the part of passengers. For example, they allow huge cases to go as carryon, and there is far more than the usual rush to and from seats. The food was unappetizing and no wine is available. Staff were not rude, but had no warmth; they were just doing their jobs, but with no extra effort. I have had great experiences with Air India, Thai Air, Nepal Air, and multiple others. If there is not a huge price difference take another airline.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Question about Egypt Air

They're fine! I always use them and think they are a good combo of cheap yet comfortable. If you look at the details on the ACTUAL plane that they will be using when you fly, it is most likely 2-10 years old. Don't look at their whole fleet; what is the point of that? Anyway, unless you're an aircraft expert, why judge a plane by it's age - is there really any evidence that older planes crash more?? MS are part of Star Alliance, which only have good airlines in their group.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 08:35
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Question about Egypt Air

I flow many times with Egypt Air but in business class and they are more comfortable then Austrian, Ettihad or even Lufthansa.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Question about Egypt Air

That's fine if you fly business class. As one of the plebs who fly in economy, I say "avoid this airline". Of course it has nothing to do with safety. All international airlines must meet international safety standards. The standards of service and passenger courtesy are not universal, and AirEgypt fails miserably.

On the other hand -- DO visit Egypt! It's amazing, and wise tour guides can keep you safe while you see some of the great icons of the past. DO go to Egypt, but by some other airline.

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Question about Egypt Air

I have recently flown with Egyptair Manchester to Luxor. I was travelling business class and I found that the quality of the aircraft and the service was fine. The food I had on my flights was excellent, fresh, good choice and hot. Although the flights are 'dry' in so far as alcohol is concerned, there was no problem having a drink from my duty free bottle. I would certainly fly with Egyptair again.

Makassar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Question about Egypt Air

Hi I was wondering if you flew with Egypt Air & if so how it went.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Question about Egypt Air

I've only flown them on domestic routes within Egypt and found them perfectly ok.

29. Re: Question about Egypt Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 07:16