We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leg room league

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
leg room league

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226057/British…

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leg room league

not a lot of use really. the measurements are defined as 'from point to the same point on the seat in front'.

obviously, the design of the seat and its padding can make a huge difference. personally, i find i have more personal space on b.a. [31"] than on MAS [34"].

your comfort also depends on your proportions, not just your height but how that height is configured. someone with long shins, for instance, may be more impacted by the seat in front reclining than some one with long thighs.

suck it and see, i say.

pam

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,494 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leg room league

I read it this morning. Was puzzled that some of the better carriers I have used were not mentioned.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: leg room league

It's the Daily Mail. Great for toilet paper, not much else ;-)

Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: leg room league

The survey wasnt done by the Daily Mail. Interesting reading and proof for what I alwys thought..Virgin were better than most others...and they fly non-stop from Manchester unlike the regional airline BA.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: leg room league

now that's exactly what i meant. when i am actualy in the seat, i have way more room on b.a. than on virgin.

pam

London, United...
Level Contributor
752 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: leg room league

I'm surprised at the 'splayed legs', surely more comfortable to put them both the same side.

Also seen tall people use the space under the seat in front to put their feet in.

Luckily I have no such problems, being 5'5" and having a long body and short legs!

Mr Sazza is average height and also has no problems (BA WT) - in fact travelling WT+ last year didn't seem much different comfort-wise, so it's 'back of the bus as usual' for us.

The photo of the larger lady seemed to be a mock up - even a size 0 would have problems getting that tray table down !!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: leg room league

i am 183cm and 110kg and really have no problem in any economy seat.

it's just some are better than others.

discomfort can be all in the mind.

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: leg room league

Nearly useless report.

9. Re: leg room league

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:18