We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta changing their schedules for our flights

Dublin
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Topic
Delta changing their schedules for our flights

Booked flights start of August for Summer 2013. Flying: SNN-JFK-SFO

LAX-JFK-SFO

Got email yesterday from them saying our itinerary has changed. They're changes are very inconvenient to us now with longer layovers and they changed our seats aswell etc.

Tried to change flights and they're looking for money. Could u ring them and argue your case and get anywhere ?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,366 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta changing their schedules for our flights

Schedules often change when you book so far out from the time of the trip!

It might actually be better to have longer layovers since you might actually need the time in transit. Can you tell us the exact times?? You can usually get your seats changed again if you don't like them. Just go on line and pick new seats. IF the times between flights had been shortened so you couldn't make the flights then you'd be entitled to a refund but I don't know if the same applies to having MORE time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta changing their schedules for our flights

You could try and argue your case, but I suspect it will get you nowhere.

Had a similar experience with AA due to equipment change from 777 to 767, on a 10 hour flight the 767 had only shared screens - I remember the 70's and that's what they used then !

I called customer services and the initial agent was understanding but had no authority, she put me on to her supervisor who said if I wanted to change flights it would cost me $100/per pax.

In the end we travelled on the 767, bought a kindle and MP3 player, also paid for exit row seats, if I deduct the $200 from our spend it worked out nearly even !

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,973 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta changing their schedules for our flights

Depends on exactly how big the change was. Somewhere in the contract of carriage and/or fare rules (all that fine print you probably didn't read) it will spell out how many hours of change triggers a refund or free change. For some reason I think it is four hours, but I have not read it in a long long time. You may have better luck calling as the computer may not enact the rules perfectly.

Also be aware that there is a very high chance it will change again between now and August.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,366 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta changing their schedules for our flights

I think that if the itinerary changes by more than 2 hrs. THEN you can decline to accept the change and get your money back. I don't know if they HAVE to find you a different flight. That might involve paying a different amount of money.

The e-mail that you got from them should explain all your options.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta changing their schedules for our flights

Delta change my flight the night before I was to travel. Plus they lost my baggage.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta changing their schedules for our flights

I have four flights with Delta in the next three months. I've had emails regarding flight changes for all four flights. The good news is the changes are very, very minute--I think the biggest change is a difference of 15 minutes (LGA-JAX, JAX-LGA, JAX-PEK, and PEK-JAX).

7. Re: Delta changing their schedules for our flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 10:17