We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Workington, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Hi,

Beware if you experience a problem with an online booking! I have taken 5 days & numerous lengthy phonecalls to sort out a flight booking with them. Long waits on the phone to speak with someone, staff who don't seem to have good knowledge of how to deal with an issue.

Very frustrating people to deal with, I'll never use them again however cheap their flight deals are.

60 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Made a booking this evening with them but feeling sick reading this!

========

It always works best to look first, then use if they get good reviews, the other way round works less well :-)

Out of interest, why did you search for comments on them after you booked? Its like buying a car and then typing into google "is <car model I just bought> any good" !

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

You really have to question why people do the research AFTER they have committed, and handed over their hard earned money ? We see examples of this time and time again on TA.

There is no excuse in this day and age. It takes a few clicks on the keyboard and a matter of minutes to find reviews and opinions. I'm the first to admit I am not computer savvy, but even I know enough to check first before I click on the 'buy now' button.

Beijing
Level Contributor
40 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

totally feel for you on that. Total incompetence in grasping the basics of customer service with poor communication and an attitude on top of it. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Beijing
Level Contributor
40 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Perhaps worth giving a bit more info on these clowns!

Booked a flight online using their website. Paid online using my credit card. Noted down the reservation codes from the confirmation page that followed. Then waited, 12 hrs, 24 hrs, 36hrs... Then called, as I needed to know if the flights had been booked or not, as I had neither received a confirmation email, nor a e-ticket. (realised then that I had been there 3 years ago, and cursed myself for not remembering)

Called them from overseas, as I am not in UK. Was asked whether I was sure I had not booked on the phone (not once but 4 times by agent MBA [they too scared to even give you their real names!!]). Was told in after much repeating and terrible communication where I was asked the same things over and over, that I would have to wait until 10:00am UK time, as no-one else was available. Called their China No in desperation as I speak some Chinese, and the flights originated from Beijing. Phone just rings, in the middle of working daytime, without ever being answered.

Waited for the promised email from agent MBA (London) but it never came. Called again this evening, and ended up with agent BBB. That guy barely spoke English and I had selected English, not Mandarin; plus he was not making much effort to either speak up or speak into the mic on his phone. Same story again, repetitive questions to when I booked online. They find my booking. He tells me they look into it. I tell him, I need it sorted, as my flight is in less than 48hrs. Has an e-ticket been issued or not?! I ask to speak to a supervisor, he says, there are non. Five minutes later, he tells me to wait, he will ask his supervisor to speak with me (thought there are non!!?).

Supervisor agent AKN talks to em, but is of little help. Basically tells me there is no booking, and that since I have no confirmation email he cannot find the booking - despite BBB finding my details using the 6 digit airline booking reference that I gave him - and which is the only thing I have.

I tell them to cancel it, as I need to be sure to have a ticket and will go elsewhere to book it. He says, no need to cancel, as there is no booking!!?!? WTF!

I have now called my bank, and hope that they will not try and take money from my account. Its more than 48hrs since I made the booking online. Something that should have taken max 10min, has taken 3 international phone calls, over 2 hrs of my time and resulted in a lot of frustration and bad feelings.

Why I booked with them!? I know from past searches that they offer some unusual flight/route/airline combinations, which I in this case I could not book elsewhere at the same price (PEK-ULN on Miat; ULN-PEK on Air China). Unfortunately for me, I forgot my last bad experience with them.

Whilst I had the best price in 2008 booking with them, and a glitch free booking experience (in the shop: LON-PEK-LON, 326.00 GBP rtn all in), this experience certainly will prevent me from booking with them again.

So, in summary: AVOID AT ALL COST. If you must, go to one of their shops, pay in cash or card, and make sure the e-ticket is issued there and then. Having a booking means nothing, having a Booking Reference also means nothing.

You been warned!

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Omega Travel have quite possibly the worst customer service knowledge ever.

I phoned over 10 tens to sort out a complication they had with a flight and made two different payments to try and resolve the issue!! Only to be told i couldn't have a flight at all at the prices i had paid!

I got sworn at twice and passed from pilla to post. The fact they call each other by code names e.g. Travel18 and so forth only complicates matter massivly.

My advice is simply avoid them like the plague.

I cannot even express how terrible they were.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Avoid omega travel-really really really bad, I booked flights then I had an email saying that it was not confirmed the next day one saying it had been declined so I rang them they told me to contact the bank. I did so the bank said the transaction is authorised that omega had declined the transaction. When I looked back to the 1st email it said that the prices may have expired-then when I went on the price had went up by £70. So omega had declined the transaction as they couldn't honour the advertised price-so I booked direct and at least I have peace of mind that the booking is done properly. The customer service is dreadful!!! As after I initially phoned them I called the bank who put me straight, then when I tried to call back they put me on hold or didn't answer so then I rang off a different phone and I got connected straightaway. Embarrassing I'm surprised BA is even associated with them!!!

vientienne
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Got a email from them yesterday saying they have changed the destination of my flight. Now go to São Paulo instead of rio. Wouldn't be to bothered but it's during the World Cup and. It's going to be expensive for new flight even though it's a short distance. Didn't even say sorry, just a quick email saying am I ok with it. Asked for a bit of compo but they just ignored that question. Dubious if the flight exists to be honest

Beijing
Level Contributor
40 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Dont accept this change, Travelingboy. They tried that on with me some years ago too, was a change of airline in my case. I argued with them and got what was best in the end. Tell them you booked to Rio not Sao Paolo!!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Assume you are travelling from Europe? then the carrier (which you have not mentioned) has a legal obligation under EU261/2004 to compensate you for Euros 600 per pax in your booking as chances of you getting to Rio within 4hrs of the original eta are between slim and sweet FA plus in addition they must also arrange (and pay) for you to get to Rio

Edited: 26 February 2014, 10:10
London
Level Contributor
903 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

I am pretty certain that Vientiane is not in Europe.....

Reply to: Omega Travel Milton Keynes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted