We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Workington, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Hi,

Beware if you experience a problem with an online booking! I have taken 5 days & numerous lengthy phonecalls to sort out a flight booking with them. Long waits on the phone to speak with someone, staff who don't seem to have good knowledge of how to deal with an issue.

Very frustrating people to deal with, I'll never use them again however cheap their flight deals are.

60 replies to this topic
vientienne
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Yea it's from Europe and am travelling with Ethiopian airlines. Everything seems rather dodgy about it all, should have paid the extra money and booked with a respectable airline . Lesson learnt, but nothing like this has ever happened to me. Thanks for the help guys

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Press Omega (if you can) to protect your rights under EU Law because I doubt if you will be able to secure flights to Rio with the World Cup looming, and if you can, not at an affordable price

Looks like Rio service terminates May 24,2014

Edited: 26 February 2014, 13:30
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Totally agree with everything said, my husband daughter and myself booked flights to New York with omega flights flying with British Airways. Prior to flying on 27th March 2014 to check everything ok and told yes flew out to New York tried to check in online for return flight home on 2nd April but unable to do so told flight already flown but not due to fly until next day, went to JFK airport on 3rd April early so missed out on last day in New York and just as well we did as at check in got told we had no return flight booked as we had been taken off the flight. After some time and great help fro the BA staff we got on the flight as luckily there were spaces and got home. Telephoned BA on 5th April to find out what had happened and was told that Omega flights had cancelled our return flights on 5th December 2013. I called Omega flights who confirmed that they did cancel our return flights, when I asked why I was told no managers were available to answer that and would call me back. No one called me so I sent an email but no reply put in a formal complaint in April to the head office and still no reply. Despite numerous phone calls and emails I have got no place, if the phone is answered I am told no managers available and will call me back but it has never happened. The staff you speak to are abrupt and often just hang the phone up on me. I do not know where to get an answer to why the cancelled our return flight but strongly warn anyone please do not book with them.

34. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 18:37

1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

BEWARE OF OMEGA TRAVEL!!!

We have spent two days trying to get our Daughter home early from her trip to Australia, due to a family situation. The tickets were originally purchased through Omega Travel and so we telephoned them to amend the date. They confirmed three types of fees totalling £165.00, confirmed in writing (by email) and so we duly paid via their online payment facility. Having received confirmation from Omega Travel that payment had been received and that the ticket would be duly processed, we received a telephone call from Omega, 2 hours later, to confirm that their ticket office wanted a further £180.00. The staff have clearly been trained to be as difficult as possible in such situations and offer no explanations. They point blank refused to accept any liability for the oversight, but what's worse is the shocking rudeness of their staff, who were shouting at us and telling us that we had no choice but to pay the extra amount to secure the ticket. The lady we spoke with on the telephone refused to provide us with her details, she refused to allow us to speak with a manager and even refused to confirm who the company is regulated by. I have dealt with a few horrendous companies down the years, but Omega Travel easily break all the records. As a friendly piece of advice to anyone reading this, please avoid them at all cost. If anyone has taken action or made a complaint against this company, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

As has been said a thousand times on this forum.

Book directly with the airlines, avoid third party agents and save your self a load of potential hassle.

1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Yes. Excellent advice.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Was wondering if you received a confirmation email? I booked mine and so far received nothing, rang up and said they dont recognise my email address

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

Totally agree with everything said, my husband daughter and myself booked flights to New York with omega flights flying with British Airways.

==========================================

I suspect your only recourse now might be a threat of legal action. Give them a week to explain and refund, or you'll take them to the small claims court (I'm assuming you have such a system in Scotland).

But could I just ask : why didn't you book directly with BA?

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Omega Travel Milton Keynes

There has been so much written about this appalling company but no matter no one yet seems to have successfully been compensated for the wrongs they have received.... ABTA don't help, the small claims court doesn't help, TV shows have refused to help. Perhaps it's time to contact the Daily Mail???

Reply to: Omega Travel Milton Keynes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted