We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desperate need of advise:getting nowhere with Orbitz & LAN

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
787 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Desperate need of advise:getting nowhere with Orbitz & LAN

My wife and I are going to Argentina over the Christmas holidays. We searched for tickets on several websites, but chose to order them through Orbitz for only 1 reason. I am a nervous traveler so I like to pre-select my seats and Orbitz provided this option. I even paid more than I would have on other websites. After paying over $3000 for two tickets, I chose my seats on the website, but when I got my confirmation, the seats were not reserved. I called LAN and was told that with the ticket fare Orbitz sold me I cannot pre-reserve seats and that I should contact Orbitz. Orbitz has told me multiple times (about once a week) that they have called LAN but that they cannot confirm my seats. I feel that since Orbitz sold me tickets and said that they would confirm my seats that the company should follow-through and do as they promised. Orbitz now says that I can check-in with the airlines 48 hours before my flight, but my assumption is that the seats will all be picked-over and I will not be able to select a window seat. Is this the case? I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do? I welcome any advice or information. Thanks!

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Desperate need of advise:getting nowhere with Orbitz & LAN

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble, I know its really upsetting when you expect or count on something and then it does not go through. I would say that I was surprised too something like this may have happened to me in the past, but mine was a quick trip and I don't have flight phobia. So from that experience I learned that the seat guarantee is always a tricky thing- both booking directly with airlines or travel agents. For many international carriers you have to call them directly within 1 month or less of travel time to book seats. Many times if I am given a choice to choose I would pick something to hold my place per say, then I check back on line or call airline to get "better" seat. Many posters have written here about seats changed on them, and for operational reasons, airlines still have the rights on this over the customers.

I think Orbitz may be sloppy in communicating what it can offer but saying Orbitz practiced false advertising will not hold. I hope you come to some peaceful agreements or acceptance.

Edited: 13 November 2012, 03:50
Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Desperate need of advise:getting nowhere with Orbitz & LAN

6. Re: Desperate need of advise:getting nowhere with Orbitz & LAN

Nov 12, 2012, 10:04 PM

Were you able to get the seats that you wanted?

---------------

Yes. Every time.

13. Re: Desperate need of advise:getting nowhere with Orbitz & LAN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:18