We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scoot thru connect with changi

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scoot thru connect with changi

Hi- does anyone have any details about this new 'scoot thru' service?

I'm assuming it is not available on scoot the jetstar? But what about our return flights which are tiger then scoot? Thanks everyone ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

You can pay extra for this service on Scoot-Scoot or Scoot-Tiger connections only. Any full service airline provides this service at no charge, but this is a new initiative in low cost carrier "extras."

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

The above poster is correct. Until recently, you needed to clear immigration and check in again. This is a really good progression for Scoot and will make travel easier for most.

However, it is important to remember, saving at least 50% on the flight ticket does sometimes mean a little more inconvenience, but it is more than worth it - especially at an airport like Changi where everything is quick/easy and usually efficient

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

It's a bit of a scam really if you don't have checked baggage.

I booked a flight with scoot to Bangkok from gold coast with no checked baggage but instead of giving me the ticket to Bangkok they give you one to Singapore

You have to go through customs and go the the check in counter in Singapore to get a new ticket and go back through two sets of security, one going back in the terminal and one going into the waiting area for the plane.

This is ok if you plane is on time but if your plane is delayed from the gold coast you may be in trouble. We were delayed an hour or so but I rushed through and got back to the plane with about 20 minutes to spare.

We all had to get on and off the plane and I ended up in the exact same seat as before.

The 'added value' is you make your connecting flight which means you get on and off the plane in time for it not to leave while you are going through customs which in my view as I had purchased a flight to Bangkok not Singapore was a scam.

No other airline I've been through in this terminal does this although they probably do this at the low cost terminal.

The flight was really cheap though and everything turned out ok however a few days before my gf took the same flight.

They were delayed by 6 hours, missed the connecting flight and had to stay overnight in Singapore and find their own accommodation on the night so it cost extra for accommodation, transport etc...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

"Scoot-Thru" was only implemented recently and it is valid from 27-Nov-2012 onwards. You can transfer airside at "Transfer Counter E" to collect your Boarding Pass for your next flight. You do not need to pass through immigration.

1) Did you buy the Scoot-Thru from the airline's website?

2) Was your travel made on or after 27-Nov-2012?

3) Do you know the procedure?

4) Did you try to collect your Boarding Pass from Transfer Counter E, but was told otherwise?

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

Thanks for the info, would be nice if someone on the flight or check in counter told me that.

We were on the plane and told if we had a connecting flight we had to go through customs and come back again so I don't even know what counter E is.

I knew the scoot-thru wasn't available on my flight but after searching on the internet for ages I couldn't find whether I had to go through immigration if I had no baggage checked.

When we got off the plane I asked the woman at the exit of the walkway connected to the plane who was informing people of the connection what I should do if I had no checked baggage she said go through immigration.

Edited: 05 December 2012, 03:13
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

If your flight was before 27-Nov-2012, the "Scoot-Thru" program was not available. The procedure to go through immigration and check-in for your next flight is correct.

Scoot is a low cost airline. Even if they sell you interline journeys, they do not provide overnight accomodation for mis-connections (for 2nd sector) due to flight delays in the 1st sector. They will not give comp. They will only put you on the next available flight.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

You can proceed to Transfer desk E REGARDLESS of airline you are travelling. It will cost you more $$$, but can still be achieved. Scoot-Scoot and Scoot-Tiger is only SGD16 if booked in advance

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

waste of time when the Scoot staff direct you to immigration and the main check in counters after you tell them you have Scoot-thru....obviously not impressed.

bad first impression.

9. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 12:05
10. Re: Scoot thru connect with changi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 02:35