We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change fees and 24 hour notice

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Change fees and 24 hour notice

Have a domestic flight with Delta Monday morning. Trying to change it to Tuesday. From what I understand, I have two options: (1) pay the difference in flight #1 from flight #2, plus another fee, or, (2) call the day of the flight and try to snag a seat on a later flight on Monday.

Are these my only options?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,632 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change fees and 24 hour notice

Here are Delta's rules on same day flight changes:

delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-u…

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change fees and 24 hour notice

Thanks.

So...it's a calculated risk. I miss the Monday morning flight and hope to god the later flight/next day flight has an empty seat 3 hours prior.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,198 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change fees and 24 hour notice

To clarify your options. Option 1, which is really your only option, is to pay a change fee plus any difference in tickets. If you want to change to Tuesday, your Option 2 will not work. You can change your Monday flight to another Monday flight but can only call on the change within three hours. If you just let the Monday flight go by and try to standby later, you may or may not be allowed to travel. And I would suspect you would have no chance of trying standby Tuesday if you just let your original flight time pass.

Good luck.

4. Re: Change fees and 24 hour notice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 November 2012, 01:47
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change fees and 24 hour notice

What if the second fare is cheaper than the original fare? Do you still pay the $50, or is the $50 decreased by the difference?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Change fees and 24 hour notice

You still pay the $50 (or whatever it is) change fee, however you would get a credit for the difference in fares. I have experienced changes where the difference in fare meant I still had a net dollar gain, because I moved to a less popular day.

This is a heavy travel week. Do not "miss" your flight and hope to be re-booked on one you secretly prefer, it may be days before you get anything.

7. Re: Change fees and 24 hour notice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 20:17