We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water at Gatwick North?

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Water at Gatwick North?

Is there somewhere you can fill a water bottle after secuirty? I just hate paying for bottled water!!

I know there used to be a water fountain, but we couldn't find it last time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

Aren't there drinking fountains in the toilets? If not, the water from the cold taps should be perfectly drinkable.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

I have not found drinking fountains and the water in the toilets is from mixer taps and therefore warm - makes teeth cleaning unpleasant as well.

When I asked about drinking water I was advised that any of the cafes would give tap water - I don't know if they would fill a bottle though when they are busy.

I do agree that it is annoying to have to pay.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,282 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

Google suggests that all the fountains were removed from North Terminal a year ago.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

Josie, you are flying Club, are you not? Plenty of water in the BA lounge and on board they usually give out bottles.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

Not this time Joe, just cattle on a Thompsons to Hurgurda.

Thanks for your answers, I will get some when we have breakfast.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

The water fountains have been taken out for "health and safety reasons". You can get confirmation of this amazing fact if you ask at the information desk on Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 on airside. We are told it has nothing to do with the hundreds of thousands of grossly overpriced bottles of water sold.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

For health and safety reasons,I recommend you dont fill your water bottle with tap water at Hurgarda.

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

the water in the toilets is from mixer taps and therefore warm - makes teeth cleaning unpleasant as well.

====================================

Even if you set it to "cold", and let it run for a bit?

9. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 12:35
Edited: 31 May 2013, 12:35
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,062 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water at Gatwick North?

I have more than once brazenly walked up to one of the food and drink outlets and asked them to fill my empty water bottle from their cold tap. I always say please and pick a quiet moment, but have done this without purchasing anything from the outlet and not been denied.

SWT