We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble getting to Malaysia Airlines

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble getting to Malaysia Airlines

I've been trying to manage my bookings on Malaysia Airlines website and kept getting this message:

-- quote --

Internet Booking Engine Maintenance

Our Internet booking engine is currently undergoing maintenance work. Please note that existing bookings created before 25 Oct 2012 will be inaccessible via our website.

If you wish to make changes on those bookings, kindly contact our 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia). Alternatively, you may visit our nearest ticket office.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this period.

-- unquote --

There is a change of aircraft from Boeing to A380. And for a travelling party of 3 pax, two of us will be seated far from the 3rd travelling party. The seats we reserved and paid for are of course not valid due to a change of aircraft.

I managed to speak to a customer service agent and was assured that I will receive an email confirmation of the newly confirmed seating arrangements for both long haul sectors.

However, it's more than a week now and still no word from MAS.

I find it puzzling how is that the internet booking engine is undergoing maintenance and still be able to accept bookings (definitely payment as well) but not allow paying customers to manage their bookings.

And it's not right to have accepted additional payment for a service that the company cannot honor, especially it is the national carrier.

Has anyone experience similar too? Please share how you have handled it and what you have to do in order to get what you paid for at Malaysia Airlines.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,592 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Trouble getting to Malaysia Airlines

Hi Amor, this is the English version of Trip Advisor. You have posted in Malay so you will need to post again in English. I gather that there is some issue with your booking?

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Trouble getting to Malaysia Airlines

amor - this is the trip advisor air travel forum. there is no-one here who can help you with your problem withe the names on your e-ticket. you will need to contact malaysian airlines themselves. here is the website

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en.html#

33. Re: Trouble getting to Malaysia Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16