We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

Mpls MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

My itinerary doesn't state terminals in Amsterdam, only Stockholm and Minneapolis. Can I find this out before hand? I've got a 2 hour layover and have a small child, so I might be pressed for time and want to know in advance where the best food places are for buying dinner to bring on board.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

Post the flight numbers and I'm sure someone can work it out but you can look up where the flight departs from yourself.

Say you are flying Amsterdam to X on airline y on flight xyz123, look up which terminal it goes from today.(just google Amsterdam departures) odds ar very high it will be the same for you they rarely switch these around

You are probably best depending on departure terminal for your shopping because you may never get to go airside at your arrival, and anyway you don't want to be hanging around arrivals and then find a security snafu that means you take too long to get to departure terminal,

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,827 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

Easy way is to go to the airport website and search arrivals/departures for yesterday or today.

The MSP flights will use the E concourse. (DL 259 left gate E9)

The Stockholm flights could use anything in B, C or possibly D. Can't seem to get a hit on gate number for one right now.

Two hours is plenty of time in AMS. Plenty of food everywhere, but I would probably wait until you get through passport control either way since that can be the biggest bottleneck.

Mpls MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

Thanks, I'll look it up!

That's what I figured, check out departure restaurants rather than arrivals. I'm going to try to make this trip run-free.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

AMS is all one terminal building, split into Schengen and non-Schengen sides.

Your flights to/from Minneapolis will arrive/depart from the non-Schengen area. As Sweden is part of Schengen, your Stockholm flights will be from the Schengen area.

2 hours is plenty to navigate AMS assuming no delays.

Mpls MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

tev--thanks for looking that up! When you say wait till after passport control, you're talking about security? Cause I thought that was not until right at the gate for international departures. And no restaurants there.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,890 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

Since the flight from AMS is the departure point from Schengen, you should have to go through passport control to mark the exit from the Schengen area.

There will also be the Security checkpoint at the gate.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,827 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

When you land from Stockholm, you will have to pass through passport control to reach the international departures area. This is just a passport check - no security. Once past, there are tons of shops and restaurants to spend your time and money in. Buy a case of stroopwafels - they are wonderful!

Gate security will open around 90-120 minutes before flight departure IIRC. This is where you get the x-ray, body scan, etc. You don't want to be first in line as that just dumps you in the holding pen until they let you on the plane.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,867 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

Just to be clear there is only one terminal in AMS. Most Stockholm flights today departed from Pier C. As said there are lots of places to eat. The Schiphol website is pretty good

schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol/Maps/Depar…

2 hours will pass in no time.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,694 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

I thought your child was a picky eater with some sort of disorder and was only going to eat what you had brought along. Wasn't that the whole purpose of the other thread. For yourself, just grab whatever is close. You want nourishment, not fine dining at this point.

Edited: 27 November 2012, 22:17
Mpls MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I find out where my flight will depart from?

Thanks for all the helpful information. With security at the gate now, when does it close/should we be there by? 90 minutes sounds a bit too much. But I have been known to be the last one boarding more than once!

tev--Yes, we'll get some stroopwafels! Good thing I spelled it now so I can remember what they're called:).

rdglady--Asking for information doesn't oblige me to spill every detail about our health, intentions and needs. I'm a grown woman, I can take care of myself and my children.