We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

Kagoshima, Japan
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

On January 2nd we will fly from Heathrow to Granada via Madrid where we will have just one hour and fifteen minutes to make a connection to Granada.Our flight is Air Nostrum which has an IB code number.

We arrive at Terminal 4 at ETA 14:45 ,and our connecting flight also leaves from Terminal 4 16:00 ,level1 North at the K boarding gate area.

It's our first time in Madrid Airport and I know it is BIG/LONG!I really want to make the connection.

I found out that we must go through passport control,but will that be in Madrid or Granada which is our final destination?

Also to save time can I check in on line with Iberia Airlines,even though I did not book with them directly,but through e-bookers.

As we are on one ticket,will Iberia Airlines at Heathrow,check our baggage through to Granada,and will we be issued boarding passes for both the Madrid and the Granada flights?

Advice by anyone who experienced a similar situation most welcome!

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

I am not sure if this helps. I have travelled several times from LHR to South and Central America with Iberia through Madrid and it has always been very smooth. I am sure you will be able to check your bags right through and they will give you both boarding passes. As to whether you will you go through passport control etc, I'm not sure but I don't think you do.

I don't know much about Air Nostrum which is an affiliate of Iberia but if you are on one ticket and if there is a delay it will be their responsibility to get you to your destination.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

Sorry when you said 'Granada' I saw Grenada (as in the Caribben). Sorry.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
111 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

You will be all right, they will just check your passport at the Boarding gate at heathrow airport and there will be another check at barajas airport but iy will delay you five minutes, no more.

You will receive your boarding cards at Hetahrow for both flights and they will check your baggage all the way trough Granada.

Only problem could be if you land at Terminal 4 S ( satellite ), then you will have to take the suttle train and it will take longer to get to K gates

But you should be all right.

Enjoy Granada

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
576 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

We did the same connection a couple of years ago and if our experience is any indicator you have little to worry about. Passport control at Madrid was the fastest I've encountered-they barely glanced at it. Customs inspection was to happen at the Granada Airport, but when we arrived some of our luggage was on the customs belt and some was on the regular belt. It didn't matter because the inspector never appeared, so we just gathered our bags and left.

Kagoshima, Japan
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

Thanks for advice.Will we be able to book in on line with Iberia?

If so,will that save us some time at madrid?

6. Re: Iberia Airlines Heathrow to Granada, advice on connection.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:17