We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disembarkation in San Juan

Fort Dodge, Iowa...
1 post
Save Topic
Disembarkation in San Juan

Celebrity Summit is scheduled to dock in San Juan at 6:00 a.m. with it's previous stop in Saint Thomas. What are my chances of catching a 9:45 a.m. flight if I keep my luggage with me when leaving the ship?

Edited: 03 December 2012, 02:10
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disembarkation in San Juan

You might want to ask this question at the local forum for San Juan. I believe the dock is still a little bit of a ride to the airport. You also need to understand the cruise protocol for disembarking. Last time I was on a cruise, it occurs in a certain order. The sister board to TripAdvisor is www.cruisecritic.com and they have a forum board there, where you might want to ask (or just call Celebrity).

I guess the main question for me is, what happens if your plan falls apart and you can't make it?? That would be how I would view this.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disembarkation in San Juan

And it isn't as if you will be the only one struggling to get to the airport.

Zilina, Slovakia
Level Contributor
176 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disembarkation in San Juan

No chance - the disembarcation process in San Juan is worst I ever seen. Immigration is very slowly too. It is my two times experience in San Juan. Both time first passengers were out of the port around 9:00AM

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disembarkation in San Juan

Celebrity should be able to tell you the earliest flight time they recommend after disembarkation.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disembarkation in San Juan

Chances are low. Suggest you not book a flight before noon, at the earliest.

6. Re: Disembarkation in San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:17