We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25,000 miles

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
25,000 miles

Need to fly AA 25,000 miles before the end of the year. Any suggestions for a low fare itinerary?

Edited: 03 December 2012, 20:45
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25,000 miles

That's a pretty hefty mileage run you've got there! :)

The guys over on FlyerTalk have a mileage run forum. You could post there and see what they come up with.

flyertalk.com/forum/…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,661 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25,000 miles

the Middle East and back or a quick HKG return would get you most of the way there. Buy some PQM at checkin and you are there. It will be pricey though.

If you find something interesting, come back and post it here. I could use another 28k this year myself... those extra few upgrades alone would be worth it.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,900 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25,000 miles

CX's service from JFK to HKG goes via YVR. It's about 17,800 miles return but you'll need to add a JFK to LHR return journey for another 6800 miles.

Unless you're seeking status, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy some miles?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,161 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25,000 miles

I'm pretty sure AA is running a double EQM credit promotion right now. So, that might possibly make it only 12,500. But, check both flyertalk and milepoint for threads. Also, I recently added the site theflightdeal.com to my google reader.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25,000 miles

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/thank-you.jsp

aa.com/i18n/…double-miles-thank-you.jsp

Edited: 03 December 2012, 21:40
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 25,000 miles

Don't forget to check on aa.com for the mileage accrual you'd get if flying on a Oneworld partner. I just found a fare on that Cathay Pacific route suggested by TP for a pretty amazing $1127, only to cross reference the fare basis (V) and find out that you's get no mileage credit for that fare. :(

https:/…main.jsp

7. Re: 25,000 miles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:15