We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection in ATL (Chicago to Costa Rica)

Western Springs...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Connection in ATL (Chicago to Costa Rica)

We have a connection in Atlanta (flying from Chicago to Costa Rica). When I originally booked the flight, we had 1 hour 15 minutes to get to the International Terminal. However, Delta has since changed the times on me, and now I only have 40 minutes! Is that doable? This is also on December 26 (one of the busiest travel days of the year-ugh!)

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection in ATL (Chicago to Costa Rica)

Delta has been doing this schedule-change-thing consistently for the past 4-6 months. They've done it to my past five flights, and one of my flights coming up in 2 weeks. No idea what's going on.

Good news and bad news, take it as you will.

Good: 4 out of 5 of these changes didn't effect my travel schedule at all.

Bad: that 1 mess up was really bad. Flight from PEK to SEA to ATL to JAX was all messed up because of a flight change from SEA to ATL.

ATL is a hellish airport. 40 minutes is not a lot of time, at all. That being said, you're lucky...Chicago to ATL is domestic and you won't have to do customs.

Figure out which terminal your Chicago flight gets in from and look at a map. You should be ok.

Western Springs...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection in ATL (Chicago to Costa Rica)

Thanks for the reply, Ben. I decided that we should fly into ATL the night before. I can't ever remember flying through ATL without something getting messed up! :)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,560 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connection in ATL (Chicago to Costa Rica)

Call Delta. The flight schedule changed, it happens. A computer switched you to a 40 minute connection. Which technically is "legal" in ATL, but in real life could be problematic.

Call Delta and get on an earlier flight. If the agent refuses, stay polite, say "thanks anyway", and call back and ask another agent. But they probably will not be able to switch you to a flight on a different day.

Western Springs...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connection in ATL (Chicago to Costa Rica)

Thanks for the information! Delta was awesome at changing my flights! We were already booked on the first flight out of the day in Chicago. The agent booked me on a late afternoon flight the day before. No questions asked! All is well!! :)

5. Re: Connection in ATL (Chicago to Costa Rica)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 19:16