We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

90 minute stop over in Singapore

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
90 minute stop over in Singapore

We are flying to Sydney with Qantas and have a 90 minute stop over in Singapore. I am assuming that we will have to stay on the plane. Can someone confirm this?

Many thanks

OD

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

not usually.

u get off and reboard with the singapore departees.

u will have time to sample the joys of changi

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

If you get off you will have to go through a security check to get back into the departure lounge, so be mindful of liquids, etc. Changi is a good place to buy duty free grog (IMO) and they will deliver it to you in a tamper proof bag in the departure lounge. Alternatively, if you are buying grog, you can buy it on arrival in Sydney.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

Is it QF10? I took this flight last month, and you get off the plane at SIN.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

From memory if it's a different aircraft they're usually parked close together so there's not much walking required.

Changi is a great airport to spend 90 minutes in, you'll wish you had more time :)

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

Yes - great airport to have a bit of a walk around to stretch your legs. Do take the advice regarding liquids - don't buy any duty free alcohol at LHR or you'll loose it at the security check there.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

I flew via Changi to Europe (on Qantas) and back (on BA) last year and we didn't really have all that much time at the airport on either leg - enough to get off the plane, use the toilet facilities, go for a quick walk to stretch our economy-class-cramped legs, then gather at the gate ready to hop back on the plane.

In previous years there had been enough time to stroll around, use the free internet facilities, buy a coffee and relax for a while - with about the same amount of time that you have.

They've never let us stay on the plane, though - we've always had to disembark and take our hand luggage with us, before getting back on the same plane - and into the same seat - a little while later.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

Many thanks for your very quick replies. We are on QF2 and I'm pretty sure that it is the same airbus 380 that goes on to Sydney.

The main reason I was asking is that when I travel long-haul I always carry a quantity of very strong painkillers and I didn't particularly want to carry these around Changi Airport. I think I might just pack these in my hold luggage and cross my fingers!

OD

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

Don't pack your meds into your checked bag!! Why are you concerned about handcarrying your strong pain meds? As long as they're in the original packaging or they're clearly listed exactly what they are, you won't have an issue with security.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

My medication contains codeine which is on the list of Controlled Substances.

The packs are clearly labelled and I carry copy prescriptions and a letter from my GP.

OD

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 90 minute stop over in Singapore

OD, I may have got this wrong, but my understanding is you need to apply to bring them in, it looks relatively simple, just a form, your prescription and and then email it. The link below should explain. If its not the right one, someone should be able to advice. Dont put them in the hold though, honestly:-)

hsa.gov.sg/publish/hsaportal/en/health_produ…