We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

Ghent, Belgium
1 post
Save Topic
Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

I want to fly to Japan in september 2013. Which airline would you recommend: allitalia, swissair or austrian airlines? The prices match, but we're doubting related to service, comfortable seats, food...

Thanks!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

According to Skytrax Alitalia is a 3 star airline whilst Austrian is 4 star and Swissair does not have a ranking.

This would lead me towards Swissair being the better - see more details below.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/alit.htm

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/austrian.htm

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/swissair.htm

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,038 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

You could take the train to Amsterdam Schiphol in under 2 hours and catch a direct flight to Tokyo on KLM from there. Aeroflot have really cheap prices via Moscow.

Turkish via Istanbul. Turkish are getting very good reviews lately and are also a 4 star Skytrax airline with European Airline of the Year award last year.

BA have a sale on now until the 22nd Jan, perhaps you can bag a bargain.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

Yes if you are flying business class you might well find some bargains

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

I would discard Alitalia right off.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,370 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

Would you like to elaborate as to why Froggy? New posters are chastised when posting meaningless comments like that.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

Nothing wrong with Alitalia these days - a totally different operation from the shambles with the same name in the 1990s when even their new CEO admitted he wouldn;t fly Alitalia !

That said, if I was going to Japan from Ghent I agree with RonaldoC and would take the directly flight from Amsterdam ( although you could also fly KLM from Brussels via AMS for more or less the same price )

If price is the only consideration then Aeroflot are currently the cheapest from BRU.

Zeeuws Vlaanderen
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

Sometimes KLM has interesting prices when you decide to fly from Antwerp Station (code is ZWE). Train Antwerp - Schiphol is part of the itinerary, skipping it is not an option.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

What about ANA..you can connect from Brussels via Frankfurt or Paris. Some of the Frankfurt-Tokyo flights are on the 787 so that may be interesting.

Edited: 23 December 2012, 01:52
9. Re: Flying from Brussels (Belgium) to Tokio (Japan)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:17