We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas emirates codeshare

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas emirates codeshare

Just booked manchester to Sydney on qantas codeshare via Dubai. I know emirates (first leg) don't do PE, is it possible to upgrade on qantas legs to PE either online or at the airport on departure?

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

You can try under "Manage my Booking" if it won;t work ring Emirates and ask them to do it.

Changing at the airport on day of departure would be expensive.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

Did you book with QF or Emirates? Either way ringing the local office may be your best bet

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

Booked thru qantas direct, got the best price thru them and thought it would be easier to upgrade direct

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

You could have booked Prem Economy from the outset then. The pricing would have been adjusted for the Emirates economy leg. You should be able to make the change direct on-line under Manage My Booking facility.

There are a heap of sales on at the moment both Emirates and QF are on sale

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

Tried that but qantas booking system took me via heathrow on BA PE as it assumed I wanted to go the whole journey PE. Want to avoid going via heathrow at all costs!

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

Ring the Qantas local office and have them change it then

0845 7 747 767^

+44 208 600 4300

Edited: 27 December 2012, 02:44
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

The Qantas Emirates codeshare is a disaster.

In Sept after trying for three weeks to change a flight from Turkey to Australia through the Qantas Istanbul agent, I was told all the flights were booked out. I was told I would have to call the Dubai office as the ticket was not issued by Qantas, though I bought and paid for the ticket in Oz.

I took the flight I had booked and fell asleep after 8 hours of a ten hour layover, missing the flight out of Dubai.

I was given numbers to call to rebook but none worked. It took 7 hours at the Emirates / Qantas helpdesk before the (very helpful) staff were able to find someone to call Melbourne to reissue the ticket. The flight was only half full.

Qantas needs to realise they are responsible for the tickets they sell and to the passengers they carry, and put in place arrangements to coordinate ticketing and booking.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,399 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

>>>Qantas needs to realise they are responsible for the tickets they sell and to the passengers they carry, and put in place arrangements to coordinate ticketing and booking<<<

Yes they are responsible, but none of this would have occurred if you hadn't fallen asleep. And ticketing is always about who issued it, not which country in which you purchased it.

Based on your particular case, I can't agree that the codeshare is a disaster.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

If it's on one booking reference (MAN-SYD) you can't upgrade just one sector. You will need two separate bookings - one for each sector (unless there's been a recent change).

Edited: 04 October 2013, 06:56
Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas emirates codeshare

I now see that wasn't required, the original post is old.