We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Govolo reclamation

Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
Save Topic
Govolo reclamation

There is a problem with the agency Govolo in Portugal, because I have

already asked for exceptional refund of my tickets due to oncological

ilness. I sent a medical report in june. Govolo said I have to wait

the answer of Austrian Airlines. I have contacted the Austrian

Airlines , sent again the medical report and they already autorized the refund ,but nobody of Govolo has contacted them. How can I receive the money if they (Govolo) would not reply now to any of my e-mails? thank you

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,849 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Govolo reclamation

If it's a non-refundable ticket then it's - em - non-refundable except for government taxes (as opposed to what the airline claim are taxes).

You should have taken travel insurance out to cover possible events like that. If you paid by card then check the terms & conditions to see if you have any form of insurance included on them.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,129 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Govolo reclamation

"asked for exceptional refund of my tickets " - unless you bought a refundable ticket there is no such thing as an exceptional refund.

This type of issue is why travel insurance is offered which I assume you took out and declared the medical condition if it was pre-existing at the time.

Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Govolo reclamation

Dear Sirs, the Austrian Airlines already said that there exists such a thing like an exceptional refund in case of death or seroius unexpected desease. The problem is the internet agency Govolo has no contact the Austrian Airlines and 6 months ago they said the opposite. Now they would not reply to any of my e-mails.thank you

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,849 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Govolo reclamation

austrian.com/Info/…ConditionsOfCarriage.aspx

Section 10.2 MIGHT cover you

However your contract is with the travel agency, not the airline so it's them who you should be dealing with.

Assuming you used a credit card to book the ticket I would contact the CC company and see if you can get a refund that way

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Govolo reclamation

I think the question is does govolo have an exceptional refund clause?

I'm really sorry,,but your contract is not with Austrian, in reality it only matters what govolo offer and do they offer an exceptional rebate.

I think the answer is probably no. Not pleasant I agree, but it is what it is when you buy froma third party, their terms are the ones that are the ones that apply.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Govolo reclamation

"I think the answer is probably no."

They do. It's covered in section 14 of Govolo's T&Cs (http://www.govolo.com/terms_conditions.html)

"In the event of a cancellation or change by the Purchaser, the Operator will reimburse the Purchaser within the shortest possible time after deducting the sums owed (taxes, cancellation/change charge, services fees, insurance)."

and

"Reimbursement depends on each carrier’s individual terms and the fare applied (non-refundable, non-changeable fares, date of issue). It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to verify the terms of cancellation and modification according to the ticket issued."

Therefore, as long as the airline is willing to offer a refund (which it seems Austrian is) then under Govolo's T&Cs they will pass it on less any agreed fees etc.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 13:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Govolo reclamation

Then govolo should pay if their terms and conditions associated with this particular ticket say they will.

I'm slightly confused by the ops posts though, in the first post she says refund is Already authorised, in the second she says such a thing exists, but intimates govolo needs to contact them,

However if govolo don't answer emails, then it's a difficult situation. Possibly there is a number on their website to call? I can't see it. All I can see is the below.

http://whois.domaintools.com/govolo.us

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Govolo reclamation

I had a similar problem. They stoped to answer my emails. The airline would change the date of the flight but they need the booking split (i made the booking for 2 persons). The only think that they need to do was split the booking and they told me that they gonna help me but they stoped to answer me. I sent a few messages after that and they just ignore me. I lost more than 350euros and a lot of time. I will never use Govolo again , if you have a problem they will not help you, they have no phone number and they dont care about costumers...

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Govolo reclamation

Hi

You have found out what happens when you use a third party flight booker has to deal with exceptional circumstances, they don't.

I had a similar situation with a very restrictive ticket, got that nasty diagnosis, called my full service airline and they didn't give me a refund but suspended the tickets till I could travel. All straight forward and easily dealt with.

I'm afraid as soon as you throw in a third party what was simply solved becomes an impossibility.

So concentrate on getting well and forget about the money, after all health is far more important.

Jackie

10. Re: Govolo reclamation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 13:35