We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA sale, baggage question

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
BA sale, baggage question

Hi, have been looking at LGW - MCO for April on the BA site (with the sale on) have also been checking elsewhere.

It looks like a quirk of the booking, is that if you book premium economy on the return leg, at £156 each, you then get 2 x 23kg cases on both legs of the journey?

Can anyone confirm this?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,129 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA sale, baggage question

You do get the increased allowance for both flights as per the BA website

"Travelling in more than one cabin

If you are travelling in more than one cabin, e.g. outbound in economy and return in business class, you will be given the more generous allowance for the whole journey. "

The free checked allowance for WT+ is 2 x 23kg compared to 1 x 23kg in WT.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA sale, baggage question

Yes that's a very good price for the upgrade and as advised you will be entitled to the increased luggage allowance both ways - I find however that I only need that much on the return from my trips - to accommodate all my shopping; ). Don't forget that BA also allow you to take 23kgs on board in your cabin luggage as long as their size restrictions are adhered to and you can lift the bag into the overhead locker yourself!

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA sale, baggage question

Thanks to both of you for your replies, yes MW, I was thinking of the return leg with the shopping to bring back!

Laughable that Thomson only give 15kg basic allowance on their package deals to orlando ain't it.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,256 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA sale, baggage question

BA also have a very generous cabin bag allowance

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA sale, baggage question

yes Mark, great deal and thanks for finding out!!

@surrey, maybe the weight is more on the return flight, but it is good to be allowed to take two suitcases for the outbound already. :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,663 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA sale, baggage question

we book wt+ for one leg whenever we can, for that reason.

pam

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA sale, baggage question

Thanks all

8. Re: BA sale, baggage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2014, 10:17