We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

- Posted this in Montreal forum but maybe someone here can help me as well

I am planning a 6 week trip in Thailand ( leaving between June 7th and 14th) and coming back last week of July/beginning of August

I have been scanning airfare since November, and I am wondering what is a good price? I was told by a travel agent 1600-1800 is typical, but since we are going during wet season could I find some for less? or is that foolish hope?

So far I have managed to find 1565 with air canada on priceline however the price was no longer there as of January 1st, and on trip advisor I have found 1606 with KLM/air france just today, I have also found around 1400 with royal Jordanian but thats with over nights in jordan on the way there and back which with hotels and food would come out to 1600 or so in any case

Is 1600 a good price for this time of the year or should I wait it out and hope for lower? Can anyone tell me how much they paid in the low season for airfare from Montreal to Bangkok? thanks so much in advance!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

Take a look at http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

While June is technically rainy season in Thailand, it is summer vacation time in North America, so that can effect fares. Plus most flights to Bangkok go via Europe or Japan/Korea/China, so their summer seasons come into play as well.

I fly regularly between BKK and Florida and fares have been running in the 1400 to 1700 realm. So what you are seeing is fairly normal.

Of course, one never knows when a fare deal will open up, so keep the eyes open.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,433 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

June might be low season for Thailand, but it's high season in N. America and most of the Western world - if you want lower fares, try May or late summer. Also consider pricing out of New York.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

"So far I have managed to find 1565 with air canada on priceline..."

Stop putzing around with 3rd party sites and just book with the airline directly. Prices on 3rd party sites are not guaranteed so it can be distracting and end up costing you more in the end.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,518 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

Hi,

I agree with the notion of booking directly from the carrier... whom ever that may be..

On the fare side.. I think what you're going to find is that fares are more competitive from the west coast-- be that West Coast US or Vancouver, than they are from the central or eastern side of North America-- in part to the numerous airlines who actively serve BKK or are regionally based..

That's North Asian airlines like Japan Airlines/All Nippon; Central Asian airlines like China Airlines/EVA Air, Southern Asian airlines like Thai, Singapore, Malaysia or Philippine, or any one of the several PRC (Chinese) carriers that serve North America.

One idea-- but it MUST be used properly and with the full understanding of the risks-- is to book TWO SEPARATE tickets..

One that's a YUL-West Coast-YUL ticket... Then a second ticket that's West Coast-BKK-West Coast..

It MAY be that the combined fares are better than you can find from YUL as one ticket-- but again, you must understand the risks you take on by doing a two-ticket booking.

As a general rule, I personally dislike two-ticket booking due to these issues, but in some cases, when properly done and where the fare difference is significant enough, it may present a decent cost savings-risk level trade-off.

One last thing, while I agree that it's low season in Thailand overall (there are some minor regional seasons within the Kingdom) airlines are thankfully now much more attune to making short term adjustments in their flying schedules-- be that frequency they fly it, size of aircraft they use, etc-- than they have in the past; all to avoid flying empty seats or at overall prices that just aren't profitable.

Travel Safe,

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

Thanks for this!

7. Re: Best price for airfare Montreal to Bangkok in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 05:20