We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Buddy Pass Cost

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Buddy Pass Cost

Is there an equation for the cost? For example: 10% of Y fare + tax + fuel surcharge?

I know that travelnet is available to the employees, but as a courtesy I don't want to bother her with a lot of back-and-forth.

I've flown on DL buddy pass 10+ times and have had a great experience. I understand the etiquette, dress code, etc. That is not my question, so please don't change the subject.

Many many thanks to anyone who responds! I can't find this anywhere in Google and several different forum searches!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

Why not call your ex colleagues and ask them?

Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

I think your 30% is about right. Don't know if there's an exact formula, but traveling this week from Atlanta to Paris on a buddy pass and paid $530; current full-price economy fare is $1300; business class $10,800. We'll probably fly business class.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

Does anyone know the buddy pass cost from Atlanta to London??

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

I never knew that it was calculated on month of travel when ticket prices vary a lot! Wanting to go to London in August but maybe should wait until October....if they are cheaper. Anyone know??

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

nothing to do with dates of travel. why don't you get this information from the employee sponsor for your buddy pass?? LHR is the most expensive for taxes/fees BTW. I doubt you'll have much luck getting there in August. You are incredibly ignorant about what a great gift you've been given. Wise up before you try to use that pass.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 18:52
Canton, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

Hello, Can I get delta buddy pass from any Delta Employee. I had friend who works in Delta but not any more. I travelled using buddy pass.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

I seriously doubt it. You don't just "get a pass". There is lots more to it, if you've done it before, you should know.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

Hey,

I am looking to travel to LHR from LSE or RST which ever works. My friend works for Delta and had mentioned to be able to get me a ticket at a extremely lower price, I am assuming buddy pass? I was looking to go April 24th and return two weeks later on May 8th.

I would take the earliest flight.

questions i have are..

I want to be gone about 2 weeks, which would require to check at least one bag for clothes, etc.. how does that work being on a buddy pass (standby)?

Is flying those dates a good time to try to use the buddy pass?

Are those locations decent to be able to get on?

I have seen a 50/50 on the experience people have. I have seen some people say there was no problems, got on the flights i wanted and made it to where i wanted to go and back! But also seen the horror stories!

advice? comments? opinions?

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

416Dan, Please ask your employee pal about details on how to use the pass. I can tell you a few things:

1) avoid all holidays--including Mother's Day

2) LHR has huge taxes/fees--highest in all of Europe--about $150+

3) Dont think extremely low price--there are fuel surcharges levied on BPs

4) You can check bags--ask your employee

5) You have several gateway cities--check moving map from Delta.com, start w/LHR and you'll see where those flights can orignate form the US

Feel free to check facebook Delta NonRev for more answers--give dates and seniority DOH--how many people, etc. People can give you advice about LHR standby--not one of my fave destinations any more

Edited: 05 February 2014, 18:49
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Delta Buddy Pass Cost

I should reword a couple things...

do you find that many people lose their bags?

I understand it isn't extremely cheaper, but i was told it would be under $450 for the round trip. When I go look online at websites it is $1200+ for round trip, that seems like a deal to me! (as long as I don't get stuck for more than 24 hours from when I want to leave and return)

I do plan on leaving a Tues/Wed/Thurs and getting an early flight.

just don't wanna get stuck for days.. i'm fine with having to be stuck for under 24 hours.