We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transatlantic on Airberlin?

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Transatlantic on Airberlin?

I am considering a Copenhagen-Dusseldorf-LAX Airberlin flight, but have no familiarity with this airline. Anyone have some recent experiences to share?

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transatlantic on Airberlin?

It is reliable and is generally okay. The seats are likely a bit smaller than you might expect. It is part of OneWorld so codeshares with American Airlines are common (to JFK connecting to an Air Berlin flight to DUS connecting to a flight to CPH).

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transatlantic on Airberlin?

Yes, I'd actually be booking it with an AA award-- just trying to get home in one day from Copenhagen instead of having to overnight in London. I never heard of this airline, but apparently they've been around since 1979 and just joined OneWorld.

Edited: 07 January 2013, 01:24
Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transatlantic on Airberlin?

I would take them, but I wouldn't take them trans-atlantic (TATL).

However, I'd be more than willing to let them experiment on you and hear your opinion. Their business class looks very tempting at those prices.

;-)

Edited: 07 January 2013, 01:39
4. Re: Transatlantic on Airberlin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:17