We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Rome on Alitalia

Lancaster, NY
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to Rome on Alitalia

I am flying from JFK to Rome on Alitalia. Just a regular class seat. I was told when checking in at the Alitalia desk in JFK to inquire if they have any "economy comfort seating" that I can upgrade to. Does anyone have any experience with this and the cost to do so. Plus I haven't seen any mention of Alitalia on here as far as flying experience with them. Any thoughts ?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

Alitalia is often mentioned in this forum for not so good service.

You could check reviews at http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/alit.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

Have never flown long haul with them, but have short haul and I try to avoid it if i can. They get you from a to b, I think that's as much as I can say positively about them.

I'm sure there must be worse carriers to fly long haul, struggling to think who they are though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

How was your flight? I'm about to take it..

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

As this is an old post you might want to send the OP a private message, you can do this by clicking on their username.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

Also, as Hans suggested you should check out www.airlinequality.com for reviews of the same route.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
24 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

We flew from JFK to FCO on Alitalia. My only complaint was I initially booked it flying out of Newark. They never called to let me know they gave up their gates at Newark. Luckily I checked. They sent me an email the day of the flight informing me of the change of airport.

The flight left an hour late, but we arrived only 10 minutes late. Decent food and beverages (free) and no charge for baggage (unlike U.S. airlines). Our children upgraded to the economy comfort seating using points. We asked about it at the airport and it would have been an additional $800 for the two of us. Economy Comfort Seating means better food, more room, amenities package given to flyers on takeoff, free drinks while waiting to take off.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

New York
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

Same here. I took them 2 years ago on JFK-Rome. The new planes had just been introduced. I found the seats comfy, and the food and entertainment were good. Coming back, I had asked at Rome if I could upgrade to Economy Plus or whatever they call it but it was pretty expensive. I liked them overall.

8. Re: JFK to Rome on Alitalia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 07:18