We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK online travel companies

Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
UK online travel companies

If you are booking flights in the UK use the big firms like opodo who are great or airlines direct, avoid at all cost the small firms advertising cheap cheap to good to be real prices if you must use them find out who owns them first if the are based in Bradford, leicester, or nottingham dont even entertain them for some reason the people who own these companies have difficulty speaking plain english and are terrible to deal with over the phone and always take your money easy but you never see results its a 50/50 gamble whether you get a good one

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK online travel companies

Opodo are now a NO NO, they belong to the same group as Edreams. I read the other day that 9Flights share a UK office with 10,101 other companies, more commonly known as a mail drop address.

Don't book with online Travel Agents, just use them to find the best deals and then book directly with the Airline.

Jackie

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,256 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK online travel companies

Agree, book directly with the airline or if you wish to use an agent use a large company such as Trailfinders (although not online)

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK online travel companies

Always worth booking with a credit card and looking at getting decent travel insurance not just the cheapest option.

London
Level Contributor
8,336 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK online travel companies

A recently booked flight direct with Emirates did not incur any credit card charges. Then unfortunately had to cancel flight last Monday due to family bereavement and had e mail from Emirates on the Friday to say reimbursed amount was back on my card.

Dread to think of the bother and costs incurred had flight been booked through third party agency.

Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK online travel companies

Hi Jackie thanks for your update on opodo, I have used them twice in the last year and had no problems and with you advice shall seek other avenues, the main reason for using them was a multi leg flight from Uk around USA and back to UK as I tried the airline direct and the ticket ended up a ridiculas price thanks Steve

6. Re: UK online travel companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 06:19