We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

Oakland, California
1 post
Save Topic
Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

This afternoon, I purchased a ticket from Cheap Fare Guru/Airtkt based on a search on airfarewatchdog. After looking around the net for reviews, I'm paranoid that the ticket isn't legit. Anyone have any experiences to share about them? If my paranoia is well founded, what should I do?

578 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

I have booked tickets today from San Francisco to Orlando. We are from Australia and they want scanned copies of my credit card, (both sides) and passports. Has anyone else had this if booking from an international card? I have booked flights for all over the US, but this is the first time I have been requested this. Obviously alarm bells sounded when this request came through. Cannot print my e-tickets until I apparently send them the scanned copies.... I have emailed them asking why and refusing etc and will see what happens.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

Several of these cheaper agencies do this, so its not necessarily an out and out scam, but I always wonder where you'd be if there was some ID fraud later and your bank investigated and found out you'd sent all this info off to some company you never heard of on the internet just because they had a good price.

This might happen if, for sake of argument, one of their lowly paid employees decided he could get more money by selling the info, it wouldn't have to be this company doing it direct. Or it might just be a disk out of a computer ended up in trash pile, or a filing case full of faxes. Either way, would you care to be arguing to your bank "it wasn't my fault" ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

They replied already to my email last night and called me direct. They were very good and I did not have to provide anything in the end. Everything was fine - hopefully the tickets come through ok.

Johnson City...
1 post
Save Reply
34. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

You may indeed get a ticket, but their policies are bizarre and certainly unconventional. If you run into any problems they are just short of impossible to get a hold of. Personally, they have withdrawn several hundred dollars from my bank account - months after I settled a dispute with them. I would be happy to share more details if you are interested, but in short I think they are VERY RISKY to deal with. I would watch your bank account closely and if you run into any problems....make your bank aware quickly.

S D
Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

I'd report them to BBB.

S D
Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

Hidden FEES BEAWARE -

This is the worst site EVER and you better put this review on your Website.

I booked through their piece of "ART" site and was charged a hidden booking fee of $38. This is not the charge what I approved during the purchase. The support representative are shady and call people at the middle of the night to get a credit card confirmation - WITHOUT disclosing the hidden fees to the customer. On calling their accounting department they say - "No One is going to give you tickets for free, We charge $18 per ticket to run our website, My website does not run by itself".

Better to stick with Expedia, Kayak, Orbitz, Priceline and avoid these guys.

AGAIN - The fees were not presented during the checkout, I'm going to report them to Better Business Bureau.

Phones are not answered for 35 minutes, Then they ask to speak to the accounting team. Who just say you authorized the charges are the purchases, Someone should take a screenshot of the checkout cart and keep it for reference.

This is a SHADY affair.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

Unless your trip is concrete do not book with this agency. I paid 684 dollars for a ticket to Egypt. Upon hearing of the violence in Egypt and travelling alone as a single female I decided it would not be safe to go. I called to cancel the ticket and was only refunded 284 dollars. I am not too sure how refunds work in the airline industry and the customer service reps did an absolute terrible job at explaining it to me, but regardless a refund should never be less than half of the ticket. That is completely ridiculous if you ask me. Practically robbery as I will not be on that flight and I am sure they will sell the seat to another person and charge them more than I paid for it. Also I called 7 times before being able to get in contact with the specific person named "Jorge" who was in charge of refunds. Anyways, it was a good price for the ticket but do not book unless you know your plans wont change!! I also got insurance on the ticket through an agency called Travel guard through cheapfareguru, who said their policies included terrorism but not political unrest. Which doesnt makes sense to me (danger is danger, is it not?). At that point 51 people had died and the Canadian embassy had shut down, so as far as I am concerned I think that type of event should be on their policy. So make sure you read the clauses before purchasing insurance after buying your ticket through cheapfareguru as well.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

They are offer cheapest fare. I also get one time when i had to Manila from Los Angeles.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
118 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

Certainly not an American company. Like the moniker, they are from India. I'm not certain they are legit, but they do have good deals and the tickets are legit. The troube is they are mining information and they do hike the prices if you have an issue with insurance. I bought the insurance and the company needed 48 hours to "research" and get back to me. I'm not sure the insurance company is legit. In any case, they called me back and said they could change the ticket as I wanted, but...wait for it...it would cost a bunch more mone and it was the best deal available. Then they reminded me that changing the ticket would cost me more money. The confirmation was all done via email. Gosh..don't do business with this company. Stick with the big names or the airlines- I would have paid a hefty premium to not have to go through that mess!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
40. Re: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt

Purchased ticket today for travel tomorrow from Pittsburgh to Rome, Italy. I too was anxious but immediately checked my credit card statement; charge was there. I hadn't received a confirmation email from them (still haven't) but went to usairways and entered the confirmation code I had written down when I booked the flight. I was able to confirm my flights for tomorrow. So far, so good. Also, I saved $600.

Reply to: Cheapfareguru/Airtkt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted