We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verify type of plane used

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
979 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Verify type of plane used

I "think", according to my research that Delta uses the boeing 767-300ER to fly from from JFK to VCE. Is this correct? I want to pick my seat carefully because of a minor health issue so it is important for me to get it right. I didn't do this right on my most recent trip and was miserable. Thank you in advance.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verify type of plane used

If that should unfortunately happen again (maybe from an aircraft change) have a quiet word with the Chief FA after boarding.Compromises and friendly persuasion work sometimes.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verify type of plane used

When I did a dummy booking it appears Delta don't actually fly that route it is with KLM or Air France or Alitalia. (only one flight appears to be partially with Delta)

What is the flight number(s) and date of your trip ( you could even end up on the A380

You are going to Venice (VCE)??

Edited: 25 January 2013, 23:21
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verify type of plane used

I haven't booked my trip yet. I was going to do it this weekend but wanted to get the seat thing worked out first. Yes, i am going to Venice and the dates are Oct 2 to the 9th.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verify type of plane used

It all depends on when you're leaving. Maybe in summer Delta has a nonstop to VCE, but in winter it's all 1-stop connection, and often on a codeshare partner.

(In Oct DL has a nonstop 767)

Edited: 26 January 2013, 00:33
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,903 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verify type of plane used

Delta does fly JFK-VCE non-stop on Delta equipment. I've flown the route several times. I know they fly it year round as I just priced out a routing with that non-stop then chose a different destination. Not totally sure but think it was 300ER. But the easiest way to manage it is to just use the seat map on Delta.com when you do your booking. While that's no guarantee it won't change do to some unforeseen circumstance, that's the best way to pick your seat.

Good luck.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Verify type of plane used

Airlines can and do change aircraft servicing a route without advance notice. So what they have listed as flying when you book today, might not be what is flying come next October.

Best bet, if you have a issue that mandates certain sitting areas, will to to keep checking your booking online to make sure the aircraft hasn't changed and if it has make sure your 're-assigned" seat is ok right away. Don't assume Delta will hold or reassign the same seat you choose today until October.

7. Re: Verify type of plane used

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 06:25
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verify type of plane used

Thanks everyone for your help. Before I knew about TA, I would just buy my tickets and then wonder how all those people got better seats than me! So, when I book I will use the seating chart that they provide and keep an eye on my booking. I will also speak to the senior FA if anything goes awry in flight. I didn't know you could do that.

I see that one response was deleted because it was inappropriate. I can only hope that my question wasn't too stupid. But, I'll say it again, I could never travel anywhere near as much or as well if I didn't have the kindness of strangers aka TA.

thank you.

9. Re: Verify type of plane used

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:19