We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

Hi guys,

I'm planning to go to Spain for half a year this March and stuck with booking flights.

I'd like to fly from Seoul to Seville and then returning flight from Frankfurt to Seoul and realized this is almost double the round-trip tickets which has exactly reverse leg on the way back e.g. ICN-SVQ-ICN.

I've already tried the "Open-jaw " and multi-city option but didn't make much difference.

Any idea? Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

Try talking with a travel agent.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

Have you considered flying into and out of the same city and using trains to get from there to where you want to go and back? Euro trains are frequent and fast.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,331 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

Even if you get an open jaw or roundtrip ticket, the problem is your ticket's validity (at least 6 months or more) usually means you will be quoted a higher fare. By how much depends on the airlines you are choosing.

Try some web fare search engines such as ITA:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

A good travel agent could also give you alternatives.

Edited: 29 January 2013, 04:57
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,894 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

The problem is more likely that you're staying for six months. Did you try pricing it RT ICN-MAD-ICN or ICN-SVQ-ICN with the same dates? If that''s cheaper, just find your way back to the cheaper RT market on a one-way flight or train, as noted.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

I would do Seoul to Madrid and Frankfurt to Seoul in the one open jaw booking, see if you can get a sale fare in one of them. Then as others said use the trains to get to the other cities.

The additional cost is coming from the extra flights between the major cities they are always expensive.

Your other option is to use an LCC from Seville to Frankfurt

I tried to get pricing on Korean Air but there seem to be a keylogger running jamming my computer so I can't get the information out

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

hmmmmm since I mentioned keylogging software in the above post and went looking for solution my computer has suddenly become lightening fast

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

Remember that you need a long-stay visa for a holiday of more than 90 days, and these are not easy to obtain.

8. Re: Two one-way tickets so expensive!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 05:17