We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airasia meal service times

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
929 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Airasia meal service times

Can anyone please tell me on an Airasia overnight flight from Melbourne to KL what time the meals are served. If you pre-book a meal do they serve it in the first part of the flight or the last. I wasnt going to order food at all but then thought we may need something before landing to tide us over after a long flight, but don't want it if they give it to you just after take off. Thanks for any advice.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airasia meal service times

They usually serve meals after take off & perhaps another service, too. Please note if you are on a night flight, this means the lights will be on fir a long time, as it takes ages to collect money, check if been pre-paid, etc. Don't plan on getting a lot of sleep.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airasia meal service times

I flew on a night flight from London to KL and opted for the meals. They seemed to come round everyone who had prepaid and served theirs first. They knew who was sitting where and had which seat, but they still asked us for our booking just to check.

We had 2 meals on our 12-14 hr flight one about 3 hrs into the flight and one about 9 hours into it.

Meals weren't great, quite basic and their snack trolley was limited, although reasonably priced for an airline. I would pack a couple of extra bits in your bag in case you go hungry.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airasia meal service times

I've travelled several times on the Gold Coast to KL day flights. They have 2 meal services and if you have prebooked you can choose which service you would like your meal served. Just let them know on the plane.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 10:57
4. Re: Airasia meal service times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 05:19