We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edreams

Hexham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Edreams

In 2012 is Edreams still a dodgy company to use?

I don't want to send CC & passport details to Spain.

Their fares seem cheap but can only get fare prices

on lst page then they ask for passenger details

BEFORE HIDDEN EXTRA CHARGES.

So are they a dodgy company to use?

Look forward to your reply

2 posts
Save Reply
61. Re: Edreams

BEWARE ... Booking Confirmation means NOTHING !

Booked and paid for an economy ticket from DUBLIN to SPLIT via Oslo on SAS with e dreams for my daughter on April 22 2013.

The flight was 3 months later, one of several on a European trip.

5 days before the flight , my daughter went to get a ticket ... SAS said they had no record !

Checked my credit card ...discovered they had refunded the money a few weeks after they had accepted the booking ...No emails , no explanation

Had to pay top dollar for a ticket from DUBLIN to DUBROVNIK only one available ...or miss flight back to Australia

I have sent them 4 emails to get an explanation

None has been given

I have told them I seek compensation ... See how that goes ... !

DO NOT USE E DREAMS 0 out of 10

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Edreams

"Checked my credit card ...discovered they had refunded the money a few weeks after they had accepted the booking ...No emails , no explanation"

You clearly didn't check your credit card at the time the refund was made or you would have been aware of the problem earlier - surprised that there are still those who don't check their credit card or bank accounts on a regular basis (either online or paper statements).

"I have told them I seek compensation ... See how that goes ... !" - I'll tell you know it will go nowhere.

2 posts
Save Reply
63. Re: Edreams

Everything easy in hindsight :1)

Credit card charged , booking accepted ... That makes a contractual agreement

:-)

All the other 6 flights were perfectly ok

Life ain't black n white ...

Who looks for a credit back when they haven't sought one ?

Seems I'm the lucky one though ... With others chasing them ...

Booking confirmation is normally fine and never had an issue like this in 25 + years of booking n travelling

A learning though ... Reading blogs like these b 4 buying on line again ... Note to self :-)

Let's go -10 out of 10 :-)

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
64. Re: Edreams

We booked flights via Edreams on 27 July from London Gatwick to Dubrovnik on British Airways, Booking ref 61CQLB. The bookingconfirmation/itinery received from Edreams did not make clear that the tickets we had purchased were at a hand baggage only fare. We found this out only when we checked in with BA and were told we had to pay an extra £40 each (total £80) for two bags to go in the hold. This is unacceptable, misleading practice.

65. Re: Edreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 July 2013, 19:05
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Edreams

Thus the Edreams promotion was misleading and dishonest.

=======

Wow, that's absolutely shocking. Who would have thought eDreams would behave in such an underhand manner ? I can hardly believe it myself, if it wasn't for the three or four years worth of complaints all over the internet and in here I'd hardly be able to believe what you wrote.

FWIW did you check the price vs the BA website? Because the BA website should have been cheaper so I"m mystified why you'd book with eDreams anyway? Did you just read their advertised price and not look at the price once they'd loaded their commission on? Or did you take on trust that they were cheaper and not even bother to check?

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
67. Re: Edreams

To joeintheuk re misleading Edreams offer of BA fare.

You ask why we didn't check with the BA website before purchasing the BA fare misleadingly promoted by Edreams without any mention that it was a 'hand baggage only' deal. If you put 'British Airways' into your server a site comes up entitled www.edreams.co.uk/British_Airways, giving the impression that these are joint promotions.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Edreams

I wish I had read all these posts before I booked my flights with Edreams. I booked from Paris to Ljubliana one way. When I got my ticket they had booked me a return, When I rang them at a huge cost they said they had booked a return because it was cheaper. Really? It wasn't and they won't do anything. Similar issue with the baggage mentioned in another post. I found a tiny reference to this fare not including baggage in the print out. There was nothing mentioned on the web site when I booked. Also booked Dubrovnik to Istanbul via Belgrade. The flights have changed which means we can't get that flight now. Phoned Edreams again at considerable cost and was told that they would contact the airline and get back to me. Promised me an email - still waiting. I have had to chase the airline myself and they have advised Edreams has to refund me the money.From what I have read here I presume I will be waiting a long time. Meanwhile I have had to pay for another fare with another airline so we can get to Istanbul.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Edreams

I have booked a ticket with eDreams and was told by email that there was a technical fault with my payment even though I had received a confirmation email on booking my ticket.

I gave them a call and spoke to someone who was based in London called Jonathan. I told him about the email and he told me that I'd need to give him my card details over the phone again. He processed this (at the same cost as what my quote was when I searched for the flight on Skyscanner). He has since sent me an email with an invoice and itinerary but the company name is called 360 Travel Group? My online banking hasn't updated to show how much money has been taken from my account yet.

After reading this and other threads on here I'm very concerned about my flight. I have booked 3 connecting flights too with them which makes me even more nervous. Are 360 Travel Group and eDreams connected? If so, does anyone have any experience with 360 Travel Group? Is there any way of checking that I am in fact booked onto these flights?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Edreams

is there any way of checking that I am in fact booked onto these flights?

======

Yes, if you get your locator code (usually 6 digits) and go on the airline website you can check. Make sure it has tickets numbers in there as well since sometimes these jokers book and reserve a flight but don't ticket it. Your itinerary should also have a ticket number.

Do you as a general rule just pay money to random companies on the internet as thats the impression you are giving? Are you now going to say you booked a Ryanair flight through them just to complete the set of "dont do this" items, since you used eDreams, you paid directly from your bank account, and you didn't even pay money to the company you thought you were paying. Bit of a train wreck really :-)