We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLIA Early morning arrival - Time through customs

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
KLIA Early morning arrival - Time through customs

Arriving with Malaysia Airline at KLIA at 4:30 AM from Sydney. Connecting flight through Air Asia at 6:55 AM at LCCT. Been to LCCT a number of times but never to KLIA.

How is the efficiency at that time at KLIA? I know its a 20 minute taxi to LCCT and considering if I should just take carry-on on the first flight (I usually travel light and can probably shove stuff in carry-on). I've booked a seat towards the front for a quick exit :)

It's no biggie if I miss the connecting flight.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLIA Early morning arrival - Time through customs

There are quite a few big flights landing at around that time, from China, Bangladesh and the US, so it could be quite busy. To be honest, I've not had a quick entry into Malaysia at KUL for so long, I wonder if there is a quick time for immigration anymore??

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KLIA Early morning arrival - Time through customs

Chances are you'll miss your connecting. KL Forummers advise minimum of 4 hours KLIA to LCCT .... time of arrival immaterial. Rebook a later flight or stay over.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KLIA Early morning arrival - Time through customs

I think you mean immigration clearance time and not time through customs. I cant specifically talk about 4:30am but between 7 and 8am, it has been approx 60mins on my two visits last year. Never been to the LCCT but assuming it is a 20min drive from KLIA, you may have a tight connection.

Can one purchase fast track immigration clearance at KLIA?

4. Re: KLIA Early morning arrival - Time through customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 06:18